non english chat

V

vinitase

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i saw non engilish chat frequently in the multitable tourneys although the poker sites warn people to chat in english..what can be done to prevent this?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make English the international official language since it is the only one that matters.

Nitram_80

Nitram_80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
que paso? donde fue eso? :D jk learn english ppl!

S

shoulderlean2000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I hate when players talk in a different language. I know they're not sharing anything they shouldn't do to the fact that I know they couldn't be that stupid but it's just annoying to me to have to see players talk in a different language.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do we know they are not cheating by saying what they have in theri own language to their fellow foreign player?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I hate when players talk in a different language. I know they're not sharing anything they shouldn't do to the fact that I know they couldn't be that stupid but it's just annoying to me to have to see players talk in a different language.

My point exactly. Everyone in the world should conform to us, and speak english! Damn foreigners and their different languages...

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont all 15 years old's speak a different language anyway?

'noob got owned' = Translation = 'That new and rather inexperienced person got outplayed on that last hand and lost quite a few of their chips' (*in posh voice*)

Least i think thats what it means :p ;)

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how bout "teh n00b got fookin pwnt".....got i hate internet lingo :D

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is like Titan, I just report them to live support. Even though everytime I do report them to live support they say it will be sent to the correct dept to be taken care of. Yet the non-english chat goes on, which then I say "Wouldn't you like to be the site that allows collusion because non-english chat is done".. those words usually do the trick and the non-english chat is stopped.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about you learn to speak another language? Some poeple don't seem to realize that most people in the world don't speak English. I think everyone has the right to speak whatever language they want. Especially if it annoys YOU. OK they shouldn't if the site bans it, but that's stupid in itself. Tolerance... peace... I sound like a hippy. :rolleyes:

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about you learn to speak another language? Some poeple don't seem to realize that most people in the world don't speak English. I think everyone has the right to speak whatever language they want. Especially if it annoys YOU. OK they shouldn't if the site bans it, but that's stupid in itself. Tolerance... peace... I sound like a hippy. :rolleyes:

I agree but when it comes to "Table talk" english language it should be. How can they prove there isn't collusion when the only 2 people at the table is speaking the language the rest of the table doesn't understand.

Last place I worked before I starting working with my brother in law, well there was over 50 diffrent cultures and 60 diffrent countries/foreign languages spoken. So no it doesn't annoy me, it was actually interesting at times to find out about diffrent cultures and learn a new word now and then in a diffrent language. Some were cuss words, some were work related, some where just how to say hi and goodbye.

My most memorable thing though, she always took this in stride. I had a boss and her named was spelt Dung, which had that sewn into her outfit cause all supervisors did. All new people who read and 1st met her always said "Dung" and I remember the 1st day I met her, I thought who in the world wants to be named crap??

However come to find out it is pronounced Young. She never took offense cause most people said it how it was spelt, and she knew this. Yet she would correct them though.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
R16h7 1'[v] 5p34x1N6 n07|-|1N6 8u7 1337 fr0m n0vv 0n ;)

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, non-English chat can be a worry. I can manage to follow French and Spanish, but when people are talking some lingo I don`t know it does tend to make me a bit paranoid that they might be colluding.

I`ve seen it a lot on Titan (even in our forum freerolls :rolleyes: ), I suppose because there are quite a lot of European players there.

The Prima network has a lot of European players also, but they seem to be much more proactive about enforcing the English-only rule. I have seen managers jump in and warn people there. So, if it worries you, maybe Prima is the way to go.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah, I can follow along if it's Spanish. Anything else, and forget it! :p

Don't mind it anywhere else except at the tables.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a boss and her named was spelt Dung, which had that sewn into her outfit cause all supervisors did. All new people who read and 1st met her always said "Dung" and I remember the 1st day I met her, I thought who in the world wants to be named crap??

ROTFLMAO...thx Twizzy...:D