New version of poker

M

mlaps01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe I've came up with an amazing new version of poker that I cant imagine any poker player would not want to play. Does anyone know any advice on what I would need to do to protect this idea and possibly advance it to some big online companies?
Thanks

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You want to patent a poker variant? (Hand over mouth as I LMAO)

Good Luck on that. Every poker game has evolved over time, usually at a kitchen table, and to the best of our collective knowledge, none has been patented.

To protect it, you will need to own a whole site, with trademark capabilities.

However!, The laws in California currently allow anyone to host a game at any card room. They would need to show financial culpability. This is one of the ways Jerry Buss (deceased Lakers Owner) got involved at the Bicycle Club. He eventually bought the club. He got to 'produce' games (not all that different from producing movies). He essentially 'rented' space at the club, made arrangement to pay the staff, and might have collected a profit from the fees.

No idea how other states work, but that is a non-legal description of some out of the box thinking available in California.

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it really amazing? I don't think there is a poker game which a player could not refuse to play, as you stated. And maybe there already is a game of poker that you " created" already?

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can just tell us how is the game and we will protect you :p

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is already way too many poker versions. To make people play your own version of poker is a hand work. It should be perfect, without any problems in playing it, such as perfect rules and so. It should be different from other poker games anyway. Idk what should u do but if it is a good one it will be played for sure.

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you get it patent or not, I would really like to hear this new poker variant of yours.

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea whenever you find out what you need to do please tell us about the game! Im very interested to find out about it!!! Gl

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well this new variant of poker has been a great success by the looks of it.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
According to the record, this guy posted that post then immediately hung up. So he was, by definition (almost) a troll, never intending to discuss this possibly interesting idea.

Throw this thread in the trash please.

M

mlaps01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for support

Thanks everyone for the support and helpful advice. For the record this is a serious idea and I hope to be able to freely discuss it with you soon.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt had its Rush poker variant until they went bust

so its possible ...

is your idea an online game shifter like rush was ? or a game that can be played offline as well ?