new pokertracker?

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate to admit it but think this is going to be way better the pokertracker.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill have to agree, it looks really really cool.

the only problem with it will not let you get your hands out of pokertracker, so you need the hand histories or just start over. So save your hand histories. I will be getting this the day its offered.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
before i clicked the link i was sceptical and expecting to post something like "Yeah that's great it's basically PT but looks a bit fancier and has like 2 extra features - whoopdeedoo".

but then i clicked and zomg i want.

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want it.

What would be cool is if for the fish list and stuff it could tell you in theyr'e currently playing.

the only problem with it will not let you get your hands out of pokertracker, so you need the hand histories or just start over. So save your hand histories. I will be getting this the day its offered.
I dont know about for FTP but if you e-mail pokerstars saying i want my last, XXX,XXX HHs, they will send you them.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On July 15th, 2007 Holdem Manager beta will be released to the public. Holdem Manager is the most powerful online poker manager and HUD in the market and over the next 3 weeks I will be updating the site with information, screen shots and application documentation so come back often.

Roy Goncalves

I dont want to put links up since Nick might get affiliate for him but they do have a website now and a forum.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On July 15th, 2007 Holdem Manager beta will be released to the public. Holdem Manager is the most powerful online poker manager and HUD in the market and over the next 3 weeks I will be updating the site with information, screen shots and application documentation so come back often.

Roy Goncalves

So, we wont need poker ace hud anymore? Because i was going to buy it in 5 days.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, we wont need poker ace hud anymore? Because i was going to buy it in 5 days.

I wouldnt, this is going to cost $100 total.

here is what screen looks like from that thread.

I just hope he dosent go the pokeroffice route and try to do a yearly thing.

Attachments

• HMSummaryView.jpg
    HMSummaryView.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 146
B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow that looks really sweet, and btw, doesnt PT save all your hand histories anyways? I always use the option to "one step compact - poker and hand history databases"

pokernut

pokernut

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, that thing looks freakin killer. I wasn't expecting it to be all that different from PT when I opened up the link, then I was blown away. I don't think I'll be able to pass up this purchase.

J

johnson8000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sight, i've just purchased poker tracker -(

Well, it good enough for me. I just need to get round to setting it up properly. yea, that holdem manager does appear better.

Y

young_chucho

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ummmm.... I guess this is a dumb question but, what is poker tracker?

Swanny

Swanny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm definitely getting this! I love that he's doing sessions the way he is. This is something I have always wanted so just based on that I'll make the switch...

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think there are many people out there that wont switch.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok just got this off the forum

It seems like everyone is suggesting basically the same thing and it is pretty much in line with what I was thinking.
Pricing will be $65 for the manager and $35 for the HUD. They will be sold seperately. I'll need to come up with some way to ensure that people don't buy 1 copy and then give it to all of their buddies but whatever I do it won't be intrusive. My approach with Tourney Manager was basically "if you buy it once you don't pay for it again" and I've been handing out codes whenever asked. With HM I'll need to take a slightly different approach but for the most part it will be the same hassle free experience!

Tourney Manager customers will get the manager for $55 and the HUD for $30 for the first month following the official launch. Holdem Manager does not replace Tourney Manager - it will in fact work with Tourney Manager and I will be spending a bunch of time adding new functionality to Tourney Manager in the near future.
There will be no support fee or ongoing subscription fee of any kind at this point. If support becomes a huge burden then I might need to re-evaluate this but I don't expect this to change. I might create (or purchase) very large, very value added plugins and charge a small fee for them although I don't have any specific plans at the moment. Right now every single idea in my head for this program will be included with the program - I'm just throwing out the plugin thing because it might happen some day.
I think that's it!
rvg

edge-t

edge-t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My, I just love spats like this:

Um.... your posting this because Hold Em Manager is coming out soon and will make PokerTracker and your product obsolete. Please don't post under the guise of wanting to satisfy your customers; it's a little late for that. This is actually meant for PT and not PAHUD since I have never had a problem with your software or customer service. It just sucks that your product will be attached to PT.
The reply:

The timing of this post has a bit to do with the competition, that's true, but the collaboration and the design of the next generation has been in the works for much longer than HoldemManager has been known of.

There are problems with HoldemManager that I will not discuss, that lead not only myself, but other experienced developers to believe that it will not be "the next PokerTracker". PokerTracker is number one for a reason, and it has nothing to do with getting to the market first. There is well known competition, but yet PT continues to exist. Not only exist, but thrive.

To think that the PT developers have not strived to satisfy their customers is ridiculous. Ask just about anyone who has had a problem with PT and dealt with support. They will tell you how great PT support is. Support is so dedicated that they would sacrifice new shiny features that might attract new customers in order to help existing users with their problems.
From Holdem manager's RVG:

Quote:
There are problems with HoldemManager that I will not discuss, that lead not only myself, but other experienced developers to believe that it will not be "the next PokerTracker".

Good luck with the new application, I look forward to the competition. Please keep comments like this to a minimum and I'll do the same!
smile.gif

I do have a lot of respect for the work that you and Pat have done. On the other hand I have 16 years experience as a developer/architect including the last 12 as Senior Architect for the company I cofounded that now has a market cap of $60 million so I know a thing or two about building software
smile.gif

thanks,

rvg

Edit: I won't post any more in your thread by the way and I really do respect the work you guys have done.

This is going to be interesting. I'll be looking out for holdem manager. Looks spiffy and cleaner to use. ease of use is a plus for Holdem Manager.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide