Need advice on getting out of the hole

C

crabby4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing online poker for like 6 months now and i've had HUGE swings. I've been up 300, down 200, up 60, then down and up again (you get the point). I think i have been having such huge swings due to bad bankroll management. We'll i've definitely learned my lesson now as i'm currently stuck 400 dollars! Again, i've been up and down this road before but its been like a month and a half since and i still can't get out of the hole here. For some reason, i do really well in live cash games but fail miserably at online cash games so i now want to avoid them until i get to a good bankroll amount. As for tournaments, i think i'm decent online and live. What would u guys suggest me to play in order to get myself unstuck? Big MTTs, small MTTs, sit n gos? My current bankroll is 60 dollars..

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play what you enjoy the most and try to read around the internet to learn a little more about the game. You will be surprised how much you actually dont know!! As you said, BRM should always be an important factor when now starting.

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play what you enjoy the most and try to read around the internet to learn a little more about the game.
....cause if you're not enjoying it...you must be doing it wrong ;)

You will be surprised how much you actually dont know!! As you said, BRM should always be an important factor when now starting.
...and there's always things to learn and improve on no matter how good you are or get..

as for bankroll management, here's one place you might want to check out:
https://www.cardschat.com/poker-bankroll-management.php

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gday, I have just had the exact same thing happen to me.

I had to go back to Micro stakes, (TITAN) cause I was heading for disaster. Even then it was a bit dodgy, but I was determined, and finally found some consistency when I started play $1 / 30 seat, sit-n-go's. I would enter upto 5 in a row, this all depended on how much time I thought id have, and sit back and enjoy.

Enjoy, thats what its all about isnt it, I might have gone back a level, but im now enjoying my poker at TITAN again.

GL with it Bro.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a $60 roll just play the lowest stakes and have some fun.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as stated by me somewhere,,, I'm a much better tourny player than ring game player,,,, but still to reconfirm that ,,,I wander over to a ring game and get my azz kicked,

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with $60 you got 30 BI for 2NL i'd give that a shot and if you dont like ring try some small stake sng's

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gq

For myself,I like the double-up sng for makin some cash and gettin out of the hole,as you said.Follow strict bankroll management.Dont be afraid to cashout some when you get built up.
We all have win/lose streaks,so try to make more when you are winning,and lose less when you are losing.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure where you play. If it's PS then I'd suggest at $60 to start playing the $1.10 - 45 person - turbo sit n gos. It pays 7 spots and I think can definately get your BR moving in the right direction. When you top $100 then begin looking into the $3.25 - 45 person sng's. IMO

LizaMayra

LizaMayra

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well if you have $60, you have to play with less then 3% of your bankroll... so with $1.50 you can sit down to play some Cash games... you can sit down at one table of 0.01/0.02... or two tables with $2 in each... if you are good at NL Hold'em....

You got to figure out what game works best for you... it might be sit and goes, tournaments, cash games...

also poker variations: RAZZ, STUD, OMAHA

and must of all BE PATIENT!!!

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is advice I give to many on here.... Enahance your bankroll by playing on one of the many reputable staking sites. It allows you to safely play higher stakes than your bankroll can afford, plus a chance to meet other poker players who are good at the game and may be able to help you improve. (along with reading much of the advice throughout CC)