NBC Heads-Up Championship Draws

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The draw for this year's NBC Heads-Up Championship has taken place. Some great looking match up's.

Phil Ivey v Dan Cates stands out. Also, Sam Trickett v Carlos Mortenson. Trickett is on fire this year and is playing some incredible poker, one of the best players int he world right now. Brunson v Tilly, Racener v Moneymaker, David Peat should own Kara Scott- no offence to her, Peter Eastgate's return to poker v Chris Ferguson plus Seidel v Cunningham and Matusow v Raymer. Some awesome matches. Also worth noting that if Dwan and Hellmuth win their matches (Hellmuth faces Benyamine, so a tough draw) they'll face each other in a look back to their duel last time where Dwan sucked out on Hellmuth was TT v AA.

Excited!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wish i could play in something like this knowing that my specialty is heads up...

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great matchups in there, should be an exciting event to watch. I find it interesting that there are celebs in there like Jason Alexander, Don Cheadle, and Emmit Smith against all these seasoned pros.

I wonder if Cheadle can keep his first-round magic up and knock out Dwan in the first round? He beat Phil Ivey in '07 and David Pham in '09.

Is Viktor Blom still not old enough to play in this yet?

N

NFLD_REBEL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm looking forward to watching this, should be really interesting to see how Cates does.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Anyone wanna fill out who they think they would win for fun and points? No prizes.. just for the hell of it?

Oh wow.. Barry Greenstein vs. Scotty Nguyen - Peter Eastgate vs. Jesus - Huck Seed vs. Jennifer Harman all in the 1st round.

I'm beginning to think that some of these aren't "random" lol.. they are setting up for a very possible Tom Dwan vs. Phil Hellmuth 2nd round match.

EDIT:

Nevermind.. looking up some info on it.. I see they have already started taping and some matches have already concluded.

Last edited:
Zdydy

Zdydy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey and Dan Cates will sure be a pretty good match up. Also i hope Tom Dwan and Phil Hellmuth advance to the second round for a rematch

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since this is a poker tournament being held in 2011 with a small field Erik Seidel will win it. Obv.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the first round matches are done with now, some interesting results.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The matches will begin airing on NBC April 17 at noon ET.

gnk2727

gnk2727

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey and Dan Cates will sure be a pretty good match up. Also i hope Tom Dwan and Phil Hellmuth advance to the second round for a rematch

The pure entertainment value of this alone is priceless!

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol I was the same Mortis, avoided all the threads on here spoiling it, loaded up pokerstars and BAM JONATHAN DUHAMEL NEW WORLD CHAMPION!

Dammit.

TheDevilsLuck

TheDevilsLuck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it bad that the only hope I have is for Moneymaker not to win?

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is why the November 9 is such a good idea. No way I can avoid visiting forums and poker websites and not accidently see some results from this tournament. Not to mention if I do avoid seeing it on the computer. My subscription to bluff and Cardplayers will show up in the mail and then.... Damn

norriscjn

norriscjn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
will look forward to this. Thanks for the "heads up"

L

LLCoolSway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I follow a few of these guys on twitter and seen a few outcomes already. I suppose that is what they use the twitter for.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will be interesting to come back to this thread after it airs and see who picked what right :)