Multi-Table Tourney = Time Suck

D

DukeDrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played one of the daily PS tourneys today - 5000 people, $300 (play money). Finally went out at 28 with 3 jacks (was top pair,open ended) to an AK suited that hit his flush on the river. The tourney took FOUR hours.

Now, I've played live and lasted 7 hrs 2 days in a row, but I was playing for money. Really got me thinking... how sadistic is it to hang around for 4 hours to play in a play money/freeroll tourney? YECH. Last time I do that.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just think of it as a half day vacation since it is impossible to gain anything useful from play money tourneys.:joyman: :rolleyes:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The funniest thing has to be when Stars were testing out the deepstack structure with play money.

12 hours for some play chips = lol

O

OneMoreBust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most tourneys I play on party last about 2hrs - 2.5 hours before the money even at almost any buyin/# of players.

I played a $2 tourney that i made it to 5th in 5.5 hours with 900 people.

MTT is madness unless you can dig deep into the money, at least at party the final table is money heavy while the rest of thep laces you barely get your $$ back

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Might as well get a paper round.

Poker without money is like drinking wine out of a plastic cup. It's OK once or twice if there is no alternative, but it isnt exactly satisfying.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I always thought a plastic cup helped bring out the full bouquet of Ripple.:)

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played one of the daily PS tourneys today - 5000 people, $300 (play money). Finally went out at 28 with 3 jacks (was top pair,open ended) to an AK suited that hit his flush on the river. The tourney took FOUR hours.

Now, I've played live and lasted 7 hrs 2 days in a row, but I was playing for money. Really got me thinking... how sadistic is it to hang around for 4 hours to play in a play money/freeroll tourney? YECH. Last time I do that.
On the other side, it does give you some experiance on how to play big tourneys, i won the one at fulltilt poker 2 years ago, 900 players, 5 hours and 31 minutes, For an astounding 8 dollars, WOW, it was a 20 dollar tourney that only paid 4 places back then, now its a 40 dollar tourney that pays 18 places, Even freerolls can teach you something, if you pay attention,,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> buck:joyman:

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try the absolute freerolls, i won one with 2000 people, it took me 6 hours, and I got paid $10. I learnt from that MTT that you need patience, and bucketloads of it!

O

OneMoreBust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try the absolute freerolls, i won one with 2000 people, it took me 6 hours, and I got paid $10. I learnt from that MTT that you need patience, and bucketloads of it!

Patience and major luck.

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Party freerolls (Tho soooooo Treacherous early on)
have a very good payout structure final tble gets ya min 40$. Takes bout 8hrs but is worth the effort.:D

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always thought a plastic cup helped bring out the full bouquet of Ripple.:)

Whats the word?

THUNDERBIRD!

Whats the price?

Fifty twice!

Whats the reason?

GRAPES IN SEASON !

Although I'm partial to Night Train Express myself