Most profitable starting hand

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a quick question for all you who keep records, what starting hand has/does win you the most money?

I know it cannot be AA:D but id like to know what starting hand is you most profitable and why, does it turn into a a flush hand, straight hand, full house or other?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA followed by KK followed by QQ!

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Out of 20k ring hands:
#1 - AA: 5 BB/hand
#2 - KK: 4 BB/hand
#3 - AKs: 1.6 BB/hand

Out of 27k tourney hands:
#1 - AA: 5.4 BB/hand
#2 - KK: 2.9 BB/hand
#3 - QQ: 2.7 BB/hand

My QQ were regularly getting cracked in ring games, so I play them pretty tight now. Probably too tight.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really AA!!!! welll of couse its best pre-flop but mine always seem to get cracked. Maybe it just feels that way, damn I need to save some pennies for poker tracker, or win some:)

I had a feeling it might have been AK or some combanation of face card, but then I am a noobie.

Last edited:
KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this doesnt make any sense card are cards to me any cards can be the most profitable....22 can beat AA by hitting a 2 there is no guarantee that is why it is still gambling....lol

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this doesnt make any sense card are cards to me any cards can be the most profitable....22 can beat AA by hitting a 2 there is no guarantee that is why it is still gambling....lol

This is true, but I was asking according to stats on your trackers.

Was just wondering I dont think it will change how I go about things pre-flop and might have been a bit of silly question but better to know these things than not I feel.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine is also AA.

6 of the top 10 are pocket pairs, the other 4 are suited connectors.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something else I realized while looking this up is how slim the margin is. I got stacked the last 2 times I had KK and that alone dropped the profit/bb ranking by about 3 spots.

K

kittypokercr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that AA can set you for a good start, I have also has luck with KK:p at the $7k TOURNAMENT that I usually play on Sundays at ACTION POKER

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

wat

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...what starting hand has/does win you the most money?

Any hand I fold.

OH... MAKE, not SAVE... I'll check PT, but I mostly play tournies so it's really relevant to stack size/blinds...

by amount won
AQo
AA
KK
QQ
AKo
AJo

by win %
AA
KK
QQ
AQo

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA's are golden!

Since I started using PT3 a few weeks ago (only a small sample of 3,423 total hands), for cash games I've been playing $0.02/$0.04 FL HE on PS. Surprisingly (or maybe expectedly) my 5 most profitable hands are:
  1. AA (93.75% or 15 and 1 for $3.60)
  2. KK (70.59% or 12 and 5 for $2.91)
  3. AQo (60.98% or 25 and 16 for $1.89)
  4. TT (52.63% or 10 and 9 for $1.62)
  5. QQ (63.64% or 7 and 4 for $1.35)
I somewhat expected AA's to be good, but not that good (only lost 1x out of 16). I guess it just goes to show that even in fixed limit HE, AA's do stand up more often than they get beat. At least in the short run.
That is nice to know. :)
Mo

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is true, but I was asking according to stats on your trackers.

Was just wondering I dont think it will change how I go about things pre-flop and might have been a bit of silly question but better to know these things than not I feel.

This was actually a GREAT question! It was definitely eye-opening for me. I'm glad that I am able to make additional use of my PokerTracker 3 numbers. I may have to go ahead and buy the production version once the Beta testing is done. I HIGHLY recommend at least giving the PT3 Beta version a try, PokerTracker - Online Poker Tracking & Analysis Software Tool.
Mo

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was actually a GREAT question! It was definitely eye-opening for me. I'm glad that I am able to make additional use of my PokerTracker 3 numbers. I may have to go ahead and buy the production version once the Beta testing is done. I HIGHLY recommend at least giving the PT3 Beta version a try, PokerTracker - Online Poker Tracking & Analysis Software Tool.
Mo

Thanks, although I mostly play t6 freerolls right mow and when I went to their website it was not on the list of sites.

Does that mean it wont work at all on t6?

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not for T6 yet. Right now during their Beta testing they only support pokerstars, fulltiltpoker, and partypoker.
I haven't even heard of T6. With all of the messages that are floating around the different poker forums about cash out issues with some of the smaller sites, I'm sticking to PS and FTP. Though I do occassionally play on bodog, UB and AP. But I'm not depositing anything.
OK, straying from the topic there.
I would suggest you set up an account at FTP and/or PS and give them a try. They have plenty of freerolls, then you can use PT3 and see if you like it's tracking features.
Or do an internet search for poker tracking software to see if you can find one that supports T6.
GL :)

Z

zippyflounder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a quick question for all you who keep records, what starting hand has/does win you the most money?

I know it cannot be AA:D but id like to know what starting hand is you most profitable and why, does it turn into a a flush hand, straight hand, full house or other?
Depends on the tourney and how they play, if some yuts raises pre of less than 10% of my stack then the big winners is suited connectors, suited gappers. If people are play aggro, then good old AA when you re jam on a loose pre flop raise.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA - 6.63 BB/hand
QQ - 5.81 BB/hand
66 - 3.18 BB/hand
JJ - 2.41 BB/hand
KK - 2.27 BB/hand
AKs - 1.89 BB/hand

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ring play with 32k hands - Ranking based on "Amount Won" from PT3

AA - 7.38 BB/hand
QQ - 3.53 BB/hand
Ako - 1.63 BB/hand
KK - 3.94 BB/hand
AQo 1.38 BB/hand

Ranking based on BB/Hand:
AA
QQ
KK
KTs

Tourneys with 12k hands - Ranking based on "Amount Won"

AA - 4.59 BB/hand
AQ0 -1.38 BB/hand
KQ - 0.61 BB/hand
88 - 1.96 BB/hand

Last edited:
KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Im not sure what you don't understand.....

Im just saying any hand can be profitable it just depends on what cards hit and thats why it is a gamble.....

please explain what you dont understand....

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By amount won over ~7,000 hands:

AA
KJo
QJs
KK
AJs

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not sure what you don't understand.....

Im just saying any hand can be profitable it just depends on what cards hit and thats why it is a gamble.....

please explain what you dont understand....

He's implying that your post really makes no sense, and it doesn't.

I'm honestly a little surprised if you don't understand why 22 won't win as often, or for as much, as AA will...nor do I understand why you're playing poker if you think what you said in the above quote is true...

Oh, mine through 85k hands:

AA
QQ
AKs
JJ
KK
TT
JTs
98s
etc etc

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Top 9 winners. Nothing much unusual.

Approx 100K hands.

Attachments

• winninghands.JPG
    winninghands.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 24
NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm surprised that KK is coming so far down in some lists. :)

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm surprised that KK is coming so far down in some lists. :)

That's probably because in the $10NL or $25NL it's hard to get someone off an ace preflop, even with a decent size raise. I would bet it would be higher on the lists the higher stakes you go to.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands