More Tourny Fluff from me

chipslap u

chipslap u

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yes the Guardian Angel...........tireless protector of the all in stack........

I never understand the motivation of the dry side pot bet unless you cannot lose. The ones that aggrevate me the most are the ones that make a minimal bet into a dry side pot. What is the point of that? No matter what it generally has to be called because who doesn't call a 400 bet when there's 4k in the pot. A lot of the time this guy has nothing and not only saves the all in when other players suspect a big hand trying to milk and fold, but creates a monster that usually goes on to finish better than the protector and the seconds that were in the hand.

That is some bad bad poker baby. People forget that clearing a seat is better than winning a pot because you are guarranteed to move up a spot in a tourny when the seat is emptied.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree with you. The only time I will ever bet into a side pot is if I know that I have the nuts. Then I will see if I can get paid off even more. But if I don't have the nuts, then I will check it down to have the best chance of eliminating a player.

And of course, you ethically can't say anything at the table about checking it down as that makes it collusion (per Roberts Rules of Poker). Most likely online poker sites won't enforce it, but live poker games will. Checking it down to the end when another player is all in is one of those unwritten rules that people need to learn.

T

Threesixes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amen brother! Those people irritate me to no end. Check it down.........