monitor resolution for multitabling

N

noname65

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried four-tabling for the first time today and it went well. Trouble is that my monitor is a 20" LCD TV set with only 786x1024 resolution, so at the smallest sizes the tables were clearly visible at, they still overlapped a bit. I was able to play four tables comfortably (even if playing four tables was a bit stressful, since I'd never before played more than two). What do people recommend in terms of monitor resolution and size for playing 4+ tables if you want all four tables not to cover each other up?

BTW, I know about multi-monitor support and am thinking that maybe a second small monitor might be a better, cheaper idea.

Any thoughts from those who have experience with these things?

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make the resolution as high as you are comfortable with, with tables as small as you are comfortable with.

Actually, I'd go a little further than you are comfortable with, as you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

Also, don't fear a little overlap. You won't be able to concentrate on all of the action at every table anyway. That's what a HUD if for.

When I first started multi-tabling I'd use the "seat me here" option so that I could see myself at each of the overlapped tables. That way I had a little bit of a warning before I was prompted to act on any particular table.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I am missing something with the dynamics of your LCD screen. I have a 17" laptop and easily get 4 tables with zero overlap, and if I wasnt so old and could see better, I could squeeze a few more in for sure.

Is it that there is zero other option for resolution? I have never heard of that, but I am not as familar with TV setups

Mine is 1280 x 800