Mixed Game ...hate or love , what and why?

Sven Deuceman

Sven Deuceman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I'm hooked on mixed games for a couple reasons. First one and I know this will be disputed it requires such a well rounded skill set that it by definition makes you a better poker player if you are a solid mixed player. Secondly I love the change of paces from different games. Third I find in both ring and tourney you can exploit individual player leaks in certain games to really play the whole mix more effectively.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I aree that if you're good, or even reasonably solid, in all the games you have a huge advantage. I don't play mixed games often, but when I do, it seems that there are a lot of players like me....pretty good in one or two games, just hang-on for the others and try not to make any major blunders. So, yeah, if you're good in them all, you should have a pretty big edge over a large portion of the field.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love mixed games because people are just terrible in them, EZ GAME.

Sven Deuceman

Sven Deuceman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The variation in hands is a big one for me also. Plo tends to have more monster hands and disgusting coolers by the virtue of the added cards. Stud when played well can be a sick degen raising war with twisted draws. and the split pots are fun to squeeze the lo when two or more ppl are obviously fighting for high and then binking that scoop is priceless.

S

spstevens

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the variety of the mixed games , it breaks things up a bit . I love the draw games , dont know why but I just enjoy them . Seems like the tourney moves at a good lively pace .

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the change of pace the mixed games offer. Grinding out long tourneys sometimes causes me to finish poorly as I get bored and perhaps play more recklessly. I wish I could find a few more freerolls with lower player numbers and less time commitment than the typical 1,000 - 5,000 tourneys I currently participate in.

Sven Deuceman

Sven Deuceman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pace is also (tourneys and cash) very conducive to grinding up your stack.
I have noticed the traffic in mixed (8 game mostly) picking up lately and am hoping that like me most are getting bored of nlhe and even plo and seem to want a more colorful spread to put themselves into. Imo limit games give you the chance to prove over and over again that you are the better player just do to the high variance of one mistake in nl games.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy playing mixed games, not very good at any tbh lol but very enjoyable and good to improve your game imo.

My best games in the mixed are limit Omaha hi/lo // razz //

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the mixed games are alot of fun, I am not good at any of them individually, but am ok when playing them in small doses like in HORSE or the 8 game.

I tend to play them when I get burnt on holdem, I think they are a refreshing change of pace.

B

budebuzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HORSE is my favorite, you get to see a little of everything. I would like to play a live game, do poker rooms usually play HORSE, I havent looked for it very hard.

Sven Deuceman

Sven Deuceman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely rooms spread mixed . I'm kinda a freak I would love to see a mega mix with every damn game invented (pineapple,greek hold em , chinese.etc....). I really like the 8 game set up but would prefer more hands per round. As a six max format giving only one orbit per round doesn't allow for alot of play until the round comes back. Ten game format is nice ten hands of each I feel eight would be best played that way as well.

Sven Deuceman

Sven Deuceman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and this is just a post to up my status from "advanced" to expert since that term makes me feel old ;)

Top 10 Games