ME has ruined DD.

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now that the Daily Dollar on FTP is Multiple-Entry, it's a total donkfest. It seems as tho people figure that they have 4 chances to win, so they play crazy and hope to get lucky with at least one of their entries. Plus, they get mad when one of their entries get knocked out, and just start going all in w/ their other entries. It doesn't calm down until there is like only 3000 ppl left. I used to always play the DD when it was single entry, and I'd always finish in the money about every other time. Now, it's like lottery poker. I managed to finish in the money (barely) w/ 2 out of 4 entries tonite. Basically made like 45 cents, plus my $4 back, but I had lost the last 3x I played, w/ 4 entries twice and 2 entries (my last $2) once. Thanks to sum freerolls, I got $5 at FTP and I'm now starting over again. Does anybody know sum good micro stakes tourneys on FTP to rebuild my bankroll with? Cuz it doesn't look like the DD is gonna do it for me.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, surely this is better for people like you.

If you have a donk who has 4 entries and only wants double up then they are wasting 3 other buy-ins just to double up one stack?

More money in the prize poool for ya! :)

I've never played the DD before but from what I get it has like 7000+ entries anyway? So there has to be a fair bit of luck involved to go deep regardless!

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, surely this is better for people like you.

If you have a donk who has 4 entries and only wants double up then they are wasting 3 other buy-ins just to double up one stack?

More money in the prize poool for ya! :)

I've never played the DD before but from what I get it has like 7000+ entries anyway? So there has to be a fair bit of luck involved to go deep regardless!
u would think that would make it better, but when everybody's calling every bet, no matter what they have, it turns into lottery poker.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah and normally the play in the daily dollar is phenomenal. Has moorman ever won the DD? No. I rest my case

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah and normally the play in the daily dollar is phenomenal. Has moorman ever won the DD? No. I rest my case
i don't get it. who's moorman? and the play has always been soft, but now ppl are just being maniacs.

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a fan of mulitple entry tourneys either, I find I have to think of them as rebuys with a fee, because you don't have to buy all your entries at once since with late registration you get knocked out and can reenter.

It turned the DD into the DD Rebuy so as bad as the DD was, it is worse.

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm actually surprised by all the ppl that never liked the DD period. i always thought it was decent. i guess i've been playing 2 many freerolls! the DD was high stakes poker compared 2 freerolls! lol!

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
u would think that would make it better, but when everybody's calling every bet, no matter what they have, it turns into lottery poker.

No it doesn't, you just need to adjust properly. Average is never too short in DD so there is plenty of room to play.

laidlow

laidlow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a fan of ME's either - i'd be steering clear of the MTT's altogether if you're building a roll... Try playing the BLT satellites and cashing in the tickets or go for the $1.20 SNG's.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they should only let good players play in this tournament

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i decided 2 try sum sng's like sum ppl suggested. i entered three $1+.10, 90 man sng's on FTP. lost one cuz i hit wrong button and raised all-in instead of folding. lol! lost 2nd one right before bubble cuz sumone re-raised my k-k w/ a-q and hit a ace. (so stupid. he re-raised all-in w/ a-q for his whole stack. i could've been raising w/ a-k. we were even stacked too.) and the 3rd one I WON 1ST PLACE!!! $22.50 off of $3.30!!! Much better than DD!!!

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The point with MTTs is you aren't playing against 90 people - you are playing against a couple of thousand in the DD for example - so the top prize is going to be a much higher number of buyins when you do win it, although you won't win it very often ;)

B

bigpick76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the daily dollar has always been a donkfest imo but if ur lookin to try to build thru some micro sit n go's try the .80 cent blt sattys that pay 2.20 to the top 3 entrants in a 9 man tourney theres also 9 man sattys for the daily dollar for .30 cents that pay the top 2 u can unregister from these and get tourney dollars and both are amazingly soft very easy to cash

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
the daily dollar has always been a donkfest imo but if ur lookin to try to build thru some micro sit n go's try the .80 cent blt sattys that pay 2.20 to the top 3 entrants in a 9 man tourney theres also 9 man sattys for the daily dollar for .30 cents that pay the top 2 u can unregister from these and get tourney dollars and both are amazingly soft very easy to cash

Go with something like this ^

Then occassionally take shots at an MTT (if you feel like it).

I wouldn't pay any attention to some of the goofy remarks some others have made on here. I'm sure you know more about the Dly$1 mtt than they do.
gl on the tables! & welcome to Cardschat

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played the DD for a while, since I don't really play FTP much any more, but I love the DD and the DDr, if the DD has turned more like the DDr, then even better.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DD takes way too long anyway. Just min cashing is like 3-4 hours isn't it? Aren't there better options?

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played the daily dollar a few times a long time ago. But, for me the biggest problem was the time involved. It's hard for me to play for more than 1 or 2 hours at a time.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also hate the Multiple Entry idea. As one who has played it a fair number of times prior to MEs, I thought it was always a Super Donk Fest to begin with. Maybe now it is a Super Duper Donker :sheep:

If you want better MTTs to build your bankroll on FTP, you can not go wrong playing CCs very own Freeroll Series. You can build a decent starting BR without spending a cent. Best value in all of poker. Also, make sure you enter all the OFC Freerolls on FTP and include CC as the Fourm you are playing for.

BillyBrewington

BillyBrewington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's one reason why I don't like rebuy or multi entry tourneys.. That's just my feeling and my opinion on them though. I'm sure there are alot that don't agree..

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't get it. who's moorman? and the play has always been soft, but now ppl are just being maniacs.
Lol
jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/moorman1/