M Calculator

W

whoopwhoop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does this actually help? is there any other factors it takes into account? or is just players, chips, and the blinds?

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sweet! compiling it while you were playin too, that's hardcore. always fun to code up some toys on stuff you like doing

ethon

ethon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I got tired of opening up calc.exe all the time, so I just tossed this together.

I think I'll take it a bit further sometime and actually read from hand histories.

Also, an iphone poker App might be cool. Put something like this in there, along with a pokerstove-esque equity calculator.

EDIT:

All I'm doing to calculate M is the normal formula:

M = Chips / (SB + BB + Ante*players)

Then for "effective M",

EM = M * (Players / 10).

(source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-ratio)

I think it helped me today with my decision making a bit. Came in 4th in a 180man.

EDIT2: Also, ignore all that source in that screenshot, lol. A lot of wrong stuff in there. (EM color being changed based on the value of 'M', not 'EM', variable declarations, etc...

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are some poker Apps on the iPhone already (aside from a ton of poker games). Most are odds calculators, and there's at least one BRM tool.

I'm currently developing some iPhone applications myself, and considered entertaining some ideas for poker apps. An M calculator would be trivial to do, but I was thinking of something more meaty along the lines of PokerStove. I'm just not sure I want to dive into that level of detailed calculations.

Poker Odds Calculator