Low stakes limit holdem

don8ions

don8ions

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a strictly 1/2 or 2/4 limit player, besides a couple of NL tourneys here and there. I find there is much money to be made there because many players will chase cards to the river. I can deal with occasional fish's sucking out but are there any avid players with some good advice?

How should suited connecters under J-10 be played? How should low to mid-pocket pairs be played? How loose is too loose at a table? What are good hands to bluff at...if there is such a thing? What's a good enough hand to raise pre-flop? Any good online advice?

I appreciate any and all input and I'd like to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Adam Atkins and I hail from Norman, Oklahoma, USA. Good to meet you all.

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stuff about limit-

If you are opening, you should almost always open for a raise, even with suited connectors and small pairs from late position

Suited connectors lose some value in limit, you shouldn't play them to more a double raise in front of you, but its ok to call or make a raise in position with them

small PP's- play them for set value, and showdown value against a player that has shown he will bet all 3 streets with big aces on all rag flops

Generally play tight pre-flop, aggressive after the flop. I would say too loose is when you start getting looked up by VERY marginal hands

bluffing is tougher but not impossible in limit. Occasionally raise the flop when it looks like the pre-flop raiser missed. Bet out of position sometimes, just look for spots where it looks like everyone missed

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules