LIVE TOURNY SEATS

NLCE

NLCE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anybody ever won or came close to winning a seat into a live tournament? Or are they to much of a pain in the butt to bother with?

pricecube

pricecube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never come anywhere winning a seat to a live tourney. I play on pokerstars and they have loads of satellites to all the major tours. I play the regional freeroll satellites where the top 9 qualify for a weekly final and the winner of that will win a ticket that will then allow them to play in another qualifier etc etc etc and it seems like a lot of hard work (although it's pretty cool that you can potentially satellite your way into a live tourney from a freeroll). I'm at that stage where my bankroll isn't sufficiently big enough to pay to play some of the lower buy in satellites because a lot of them tend to be rebuy satellites. I'm trying to become a winning online player before even thinking about trying out live stuff.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do believe we have several members who have won seats. Some from as far away as Scandinavia. Alas, we do not yet have a Bracelet winner from the wsop. But then....there aren't all that many of them are there.....

J

JMcCabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Won a $6500 package to the APT Manila in 2009.

That said, I've probably wasted more money on satellites into live events over the past 7 years than that $6500 package was worth.

There are a number of affiliate programs that help you earn live seats in alternative ways, so I would always recommend those over satellite tournaments.

F

FITEMAN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Affiliate programs???

Affiliate programs????Please explain or direct.

Thanks,
FITEMAN

Organize a Home Poker Game