Live game

B

BabyAcey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always played poker online and have only sat at a real table once in my life. I'm more comfortable playing online but in about a month I will be playing in a live game. It's a special game being held in my late brothers memory and a portion of the $$ will go to my brothers wife and three kids. If I am able to win the thing I will give the whole thing to my nephews & sis-in-law. Anything I should know when sitting down at a live game? You think it will be easier being face to face?

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a heartfelt cause. My sympathies to you your family on the loss of your brother.

As for tips, some answers to these questions would help us help you!

1) What is the structure?
2) How many people will be playing?

B

BabyAcey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your condolences, much appreciated!

It'll probably be approximately 200 people, possible more, no telling yet.
$60 Buy-In
that's all I know so far

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
60 dollar buy in real life for a majority of players=no fold em hold em. This is more true if it is a rebuy tournament. Also the faster the structure the more people are willing to go broke with top pair no kicker at this level.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My sympathies to your family and you on your loss.

I think any buy-in like this tends to be similar to the micros online. Seems like with 2k players it will be a tournament style.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Acey, is there anyway or anywhere you could sit down at a live game or tourney before this event? That way you would be familiar with all the formalities and conventions and could focus on playing your A game for the cause.

I suggest this because playing live for the first time can be overwhelming for reasons more than just the difference in how the game flows from online.

B

BabyAcey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Acey, is there anyway or anywhere you could sit down at a live game or tourney before this event? That way you would be familiar with all the formalities and conventions and could focus on playing your A game for the cause.

I suggest this because playing live for the first time can be overwhelming for reasons more than just the difference in how the game flows from online.

great idea Lark, yeah I probably could & your right this way going into the other tourney I won't be such novice at a live game.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games