A little help please

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
following the latest events I am no longer comfortable with my money on full tilt or pokerstars. it is not that i mis trust them or fear anything like rigged, its just that during these tough times the legal and financial stability of the sites and thus security of my money on there does not appear as secure as I would like.

I have decided there is no way I am giving up online poker however I would prefer to do it on a site that has always had a policy of not accepting american players so that I can play with peace of mind without the fear of funds been seized.

I am limited however since I am on a macbook and there are software clashes. I have a feeling I will have tpo buy a new computer or laptop but if people are aware of a decent site with decent software for multi tabling and nice traffic I would be greatful if they could inform me of such.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Afaik party poker has excluded US players for quite a long time (2+years ?).

I never played there so I can't tell you what it's like.

Just for the record - I never leave too much money in any online account where it just lies around idly and doesn't produce interest.

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Afaik party poker has excluded US players for quite a long time (2+years ?).

I never played there so I can't tell you what it's like.

Just for the record - I never leave too much money in any online account where it just lies around idly and doesn't produce interest.

belief me i have been making a much nicer profit on my money on these sites then any interest rate i could find.

party poker has an instant access software from web but it isnt actual software for mac and you cant final table it properly.

G

Gunner57

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luke,

to each thier own but if you practice good bank roll managment you should diversify your roll. If you are using good BRM, and all of it is on one site than that means at least 90% of your roll is sitting there. Yes you can get a great return but that return is on the 10% MAX you are playing with...

What about that other 90% just sitting? for that 90% just sitting there you are taking on the risk of the site going out of business, funds are not insured by FDIC (or other bank insurance), loss due to inflation, and fraud/theft. All of this risk (which has gotten higher in the last few months) for 0% return!

IMO now more than ever it is important to keep your roll liquid and not to have all of your roll in one online account. A mix of Cash, bank account (that has money market interest), and online accounts is where you money should be. If you have a substantial roll then you can diversify even further on other semi-liquid assets such as Short Term CDs. By diversifying in Liquid assests you get interest to continue to build your roll even if you loose at the tables and you are getting paid for the risk you are taking for letting your money sit around.

Anyway, if your roll is only $100 then it does not really make sense to get complicated, but if you have a roll that is in the 4-5 figure range you are loosing money and taking on risk by not spreading things out! (ex: I am not sure if I can get my roll out of UB, which was 50% of my total roll! and totally sucks now.)