Limit Holdem

thunder1276

thunder1276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anybody know of any sites that have videos and articles on playing limit holdem? I can find plenty on NL and tournaments but so far no luck on finding limit.

B

Boltpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cardrunners has some vids, but not very many, are you looking for ring games or sngs, I find that books on limit tend to not get as dated as nl books. If you build a solid foundation, you can then work on aspects of your games and get involved in the forums for feedback from other players. I have searched the web extensively for limit material and it has proved fruitless. I have read small stakes holdem several times and I feel the material is very applicable to both live and online limit games today
good luck

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DTB has loads of great LHE coaches.

Last edited:
alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deuces Cracked also has some great limit videos (mostly 6 max) but some full ring. Also, if you haven't read it Read Ed Miller's book Small Stakes Hold em Winning Big with Expert play. You'll learn a ton about limit but also about poker generally. Miller does wonderful job of explaining concepts like EV and how probability works.

When I started playing online I played limit and I literally wore out my copy of Miller's book.

pricecube

pricecube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a lesson by Howard Lederer on the full tilt poker Academy about Limit Holdem. In particular he talks about 'saving bets' and I got the impression he enjoys Limit as much as No Limit, if not more so. I remember seeing him on TV at the final table of a Limit tourney and he was definitely putting his tips into practice.

essambb

essambb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i always think that limit holdem is like kissing your cousin pot limit omaha i can undrestand as it is very dangerous game that is very hard to know where you at that you can get quads 6 times a day stright flushes but you always know where you at at holdem as you can have the it is very hard at holdem to crack good hands but at omahaa good gands get cracked all the time

F

fugitive67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
once the blinds go up in tourney PL, it becomes nearly NL-esque

it's more mathematical, which is i'm sure why Lederer excels at it

might be an interesting change of pace for ring game ... might be able to jump up a stake level, since the pots can't as easily get big

i wonder what the comp. level would be ... i would tend to think the same or better competition ... i think amateurs want to slide that slider when they hit big ... limit might frustate them

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, and if you're lazy and you suck at finding stickies, try this one?

Seriously, 2+2 is where knowledge on non-NLHE games mostly begins & ends. And there's a lot of it. Don't buy coaching services or books until you at least hit up that site.

T

TIGERSTUMP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limit holdem is a shokin card game...STAY AWAY FROM IT,,,LOL

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules