Life is precious, so is poker

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As some of you may know I have had some health issues lately and I have come to realise I will probably never be able to work full time again, but at 57 I am still here so I am not complaining, there are a lot of people far worse off than me, look at Libya and Japan for example.
I play on lots of poker sites and have decided sadly that I need to withdraw all my money from them, which is a few thousand, to pay some bills. I havent worked for a few months now and bills that have been ignored need paying, but my poker cash will clear them so thats ok.
Money will be tight but again I am lucky cos I am single, own my own home, dont drink much and dont smoke so my living expenses are minimal.
But I am not stopping playing poker, I am doing what Ferguson did, I am going to start with freerolls and grind my way up, which will be pretty hard as I am basically a pretty rubbish player:icon_joke

I was a bit fed up at first but now I see it as a new start, luckily I have just become a member of the brilliant CC freeroll club and will be playing in all of them I can, hopefully getting the BR to play in the CC cash tourneys.
As Bob Dylan said "when you ain't got nothing you've got nothing to lose"
I wont kid myself that I am going to do what Ferguson did, build up to $10.000, even with a BR I never got near that, but If I can grind enough to play in a few MTT's I will be happy and if not I will stick to playing freerolls.
This is not a post looking for sympathy, it is exactly the opposite, I am more positive about my poker than I have been for years, I am more positive about everything, when you have been close to not being here your perspective changes, if I win great, if I lose fine, I'm gonna enjoy my poker anyway :D:D:D:D

Life is precious, so is poker, enjoy them both:trytofly:

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear about your problems. Sounds like you have a good attitude. Best wishes with both your life situation and your new poker journey.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can do it Colbefc, I am glad you can clear your bills and it is a bummer that you have to use your rolls, but it is good you had them to fall back on.
Good luck rebuilding, and I am glad you made it through your medical issues.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your kind thoughts, I am 100% positive about everything, I am really happy and not worried about a thing, life is great. I am not at all worried about having to use my BR to clear my debts, I am grateful I had the money available to do it, lots havent.
Now if I could only work out how to become a decent poker player, but I guess miracles take a little longer and to make me a good player would take a miracle of humungous proportions :D:D:D

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Gan on there Col, you scousers are a lot like us geordies life gives you shit but you take it, come back stronger and always look on the bright side god knows we need to living in this rip off country at the minute.

Best of luck for your challenge, the CC freerolls are really good for building, I was playing any public freeroll going and getting really sick of them till I found this place, when the FR schedule changed here the 10pm FT freeroll time really suited me, played 3 or 4 cashed 3, not life changing amounts but a start which is all I ask for.

PurgatoryD

PurgatoryD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was a bit fed up at first but now I see it as a new start

Great attitude, and I wish you the best!

luckily I have just become a member of the brilliant CC freeroll club and will be playing in all of them I can, hopefully getting the BR to play in the CC cash tourneys.

As a US player, I'll see you on Wednesday evenings (uh, I guess that's either really late Wednesday night or really early Thursday morning for you) for the CC Carbon freerolls! If you can stay up that late! ;)

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
!

I see you live in the UK,so you can play all the sites with no problems,unlike USA players like me...actually,you got it made,because I made all of my money from freerolls,and a few small buyins from freeroll money.
I would love to play any site I wanted,whenever I wanted to play...maybe some day..

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best of luck to you on your new Ferguson challenge. It'll likely be some rough going at first to get that baby bankroll started, but as you have prior experience once you get a decent roll going you should be going fine.

danprince10

danprince10

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah thats real tough man best of luck gettin back to the grind. Hope everything works out well for you especially financially and poker wise.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for all your good wishes, as usual I did well in the FT freeroll last night, finished nearly last, I havent really played NL for months now, mainly play PLO so got to get back to the NL grind

As I say I am fine financially, even without working I have enough to live on cos my lifestyle is very frugal and i dont need a lot and owning my own house takes a lot of the pressure off

As for poker, well I cant lose there either, even if I fail to cash in 10000 freerolls in a row I have lost precisely nothing and have enjoyed playing poker for hours, and with not working now I can play poker all day if I want and hopefully improve, haha I wish:icon_joke

But as the Monty Python song goes

"always look on the bright side of life" :):):):):):):):)

and I do:trytofly:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
thanks for sharing & gl with the journey.
btw, this doesn't mean I'm gonna go any softer on ya in the FTP freerolls.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if you went soft on me in the freerolls I dont think it would matter, I used to be ok in tourneys but these days I play so bad in them its embarrassing, as I say, these says I play almost exclusively PLO and this has ruined my NL play, but as there are not many PLO freerolls I have got to learn to play NL again

Yes Scokyl you are right, scousers and geordies take whatever is thrown at us and do come back stronger, unlike all those southern softies:D

Well done to Newcastle for their first season back in the prem, all I hope for now is Blackpool to stay up, they have been great and Holloway should be manager of the season, and they have only got to beat the mancs away next sat, easy, well you never know:) and I want the pie eaters to go down cos they dont deserve to be in the prem

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best of luck with rebuilding Col. Glad to hear you're on the mend. :)

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to read about your problems but it sounds like you have a great attitude which is great. I wish you well both from a health point of view and a poker point of view. There are lots of examples of people grinding up from freerolls. Good luck.

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good luck col
i am up over $220 from freerolls and micro
it has cost me nothing and is great fun.
good luck m8
see ya at the tables

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Life and poker are precious, yes, and so is perspective which you've got in great measure. Col, I know you'll succeed in this new adventure!

Before I joined CC, I did a Ferguson type challenge with a limit of 3 months. I wasn't playing very much, maybe a SNG once a day, yet managed to go from $0 to $300. If I can do that, you know you can. :D

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so glad that you survived your surgery & are still with us! And I'm sure that you'll continue to improve your poker game too! I'm also glad to see you in the league games, either playing or on the rail! Take care! MM:)

B

_BadaBing_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More people should have your positive attitude. It's all good as you will now have all the time you need to play and enjoy poker. Best of luck to you.

Ballack

Ballack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck and i'm glad that there is still anotherone who is trying the same ;-))
I nearly start from zero and build my bankroll, like chris did it two times.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice for me to know that someone else is building from zero, good luck Ballack, it would be nice if could keep a check on how we are doing and encourage each other :)

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Colin. Glad to have you back with us. Great attitude BTW! Best of luck building the BR. Three small words of wisdom for cashing in a CC freeroll: 1) patience. 2) patience 3) patience. :D

I too find myself without a bankroll on a site that allows the likes of me to play for money :) ... 6PM Wednesday (for us -5:00 GMT ers) will be attempt #1 and building from scratch.
Best of luck to ya
Pete

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck buddy - start a new thread tracking your progress.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Gary
Nice to hear from you, I'll bear in mind patience, patience, patience in the CC freerolls cos I have had an almost unbroken run of failure in them, I am not the most patient person in the world but I will try.
Sadly I opened a Lock Poker account about a month ago so I cant open a Carbon Poker account as well so I cant play in the CC Carbon freerolls:mad:

Good Luck in building your bankroll on the new site, which site is it you are gonna play on Gary? Be interested to see how you do.

Thanks Pokerman27, I will start a new thread as soon as I have my first cash in a freeroll, so it might be some time :D

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sadly I opened a Lock Poker account about a month ago so I cant open a Carbon Poker account as well so I cant play in the CC Carbon freerolls:mad:
Hey Colin, as far as I know that's not true; you're free to have one account per distinct skin on the Merge network, though you may only get rakeback on one of them. I have both a Lock and Carbon account, and am planning to eventually explore some of the other Merge skins (e.g. RPM, GR88, Hero).

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi SYWTWAF

That is interesting, I will look into that. I will email Carbon Poker and see what they say, thanks

Colin