Late registration

Mylobox

Mylobox

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about a late registration time for online tounaments?
1 hour, 30 mins, 15 mins....

my personal oppinion is: 10 mins are the best... 30 mins. are ok

think one hour is to much.

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have to consider the amount of the initial stack. If the late resgistration allow the play to register with a initial stack of 3BB I believe this is not good. So 60 minutes to a late registrion may be good.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I agree with you Mylobox, anything more than 10 mins is too much. Sometimes I have the feeling that people deliberately register late hoping that all the fish have blown out. Their loss - they must realise that this is the way to double or even triple your stack with relative ease.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well i guess the blind level time has a lot to do with it. 15 minute blinds i can see one hour not more and for turbo tourneys 30 minutes at the most. it gets aggravating sometimes to have to play a person who has been knocked out more than twice but it adds to the chip count and prize pool. but it also adds to the length of the tourney prob not much though. if i was asked this question 3 years ago i wouldn't be in favor of any late registration i would just play a rebuy tourney. but times have changed to maybe favor the deep pockets. that is understandable for the house is here to make money.

C

chierchna

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess that depends by each player. Sometimes I see players that enter late and just hope for lucky hand to go all in with all kind of cards. Years ago I was very angry about that but now I just enjoy taking their chips .

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
15 minutes should be enough.

L

Lekoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is regular tourney 10-15 min is okay. But really it depends on the blind structure, add-ons and beginning stack. There are tourneys where you can register 5 minutes before the add on break and than u make 3 addons (10 starting stacks) every one for the prize of 1 buy in. I never register late if I have less than 30 bb for tourneys with regular buy in.

dantheman91

dantheman91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like most of Carbon's tourneys are an hour - two hours of late registration. Personally if you're registering more than 3 levels in you're at a significant disadvantage. You missed alot of hands, and finding fish is way harder because a shove isn't necessarily someone tilting while you can find the ones who are on tilt way easier when the blinds are low. I like poker for the strategy and it's more like gambling when you come in after 6-7 levels.. Imo..

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This definitely depends on the structure of the blinds.

Sure in turbo tournaments you can have late registrations for 10 - 15 minutes where blinds increase every 5 minutes.

But if the tournament has a slow structure and the blinds increase every 20 minutes or more then late registration has to be a lot longer even upto 3 to 4 hours.:stupido:

D

deliver1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
10 minutes should be standard for late registration times.

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 10 min is good enough.. I do not like the tournament with hour or 2 late registration..

F

Flsnookman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kinda think I want to be in from the 1st hand, that way if I catch, the fish are still around to pay me off. Good luck.

madsquirrel

madsquirrel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think anything more then 10 mins is a little much , if they can't get in the game on time they need to go find another one..

Eminescu99

Eminescu99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Mylobox 10mins max 30. it s to much 90-120 min :p

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont like it at all, and i dont think you should ever do it

the fish go out first and you want to play hands with the fish

moses59

moses59

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i never late reg unless i really wanna play in that turny and if its past 20 mins i still wont

123andyp123

123andyp123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls i have way more cashes when I register late but in real buy in tourneys its the opposite.Early in freerolls people just go all in with nothing .I know AA or KK is better than A 9 or J 10, but they seem to beat me a lot.Especially at Bet o n.But i can say an hour is very late,if i use this strategy ,i reg about 15 to 20 min late.(depending on how fast the blinds are going up.

A

Andreyshundr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 10 minutes the best option

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As Carbon has incredibly long late-reg's, I can only suspect they want to make sure the buy-ins equal or surpass the guaranteed payouts so they are not out of pocket.

That being said, they do tend to be far too long. Yet, if someone wants to buy into a game late and start with fewer than 10 bigs, good luck. And near the end of late reg, that could very well be the case - or worse. I've been in some smaller games where it lasted until those buying in had about 4-5 bigs. You wouldn't think anyone would still join, but here we are.

Not surprising, really, as many will rebuy ten times for 1.10 into a game for a 5.00 ticket! If they even make that!

Slawa1986

Slawa1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I registered for the tournament with one rebuy and add-on at the last minute and always included in the prizes! Though not on the first line, but their attachment I increase twice. Play scheme ollin - fold!!!))))