Ladbrokes Poker

tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody here have any experience with Ladbrokes Poker?

If so, please give your opinions..

Thanks

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played laddies a lot last year, my first year playing poker.

The MTT are good, they have a $1,000 freeroll for all every night, and the SNG`s are ok.

On the down side, it does not give you good stats on your play and it is near impossible to get hand history.

Players are, in general, decent.

I play more at Pstars now, but recently I have returned to Laddies.

In order of preference, if this helps, at the moment Pstars is my fav, Laddies 2nd and Party my third.

Hope this helps.

T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do have Ladbrokes on my system and I have an account there but not yet deposited money. They use the Microgaming software but they are independant from all that.

I have held back from depositing because I feel there are too many well-informed scandinavian players there - a bit like the Microgaming network funnily enough.

For what it's worth, I'd go for william hill (for their excellent $50 per month offer), Paddy Power or Coral Poker - much softer players in general I'd say.

tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I decided to give it a go.

Originally, I signed up as a guest, but click 'auto-log me in when software starts', but now I cant logout to login with my real account credentials!! I cant seem to see a logout option ANYWHERE..
Does anybody know how to do this?

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I decided to give it a go.

Originally, I signed up as a guest, but click 'auto-log me in when software starts', but now I cant logout to login with my real account credentials!! I cant seem to see a logout option ANYWHERE..
Does anybody know how to do this?

If you ring the help desk they are good - always helpful.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do have Ladbrokes on my system and I have an account there but not yet deposited money. They use the Microgaming software but they are independant from all that.

I have held back from depositing because I feel there are too many well-informed scandinavian players there - a bit like the Microgaming network funnily enough.

For what it's worth, I'd go for William Hill (for their excellent $50 per month offer), Paddy Power or Coral Poker - much softer players in general I'd say.

Can you enlighten me on this???

ripptyde

ripptyde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I downloaded it but it doesn't seem to work in the U.S. (for obv reasons) the server wouldn't let me log on.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I downloaded it but it doesn't seem to work in the U.S. (for obv reasons) the server wouldn't let me log on.
The reason isn't as obvious as you might think. Laddies has always been way ahead of its time. It jumped on the American Ban Wagon years before there was any legal reason to do so. Enjoy.

crancko

crancko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I can help you a bit. I play at Laddies too, when i'm in the mood to get annoyed by their constant popups. Good MTT's and good competition. This is mainly due to the fact that especially danes have taken to Ladbrokes because of a recent tax verdict, that made all winnings from that site tax free. The other EU registered ones should be as well, but Laddies is the only one that has a verdict stating the fact.

If forced to choose a field of opponents I would avoid the danes if I was playing rookie poker. They generally play well - and are somewhat feared for aggressive LAG play. I havent a clue to weather this is true or not. But there indeed are a number of good danish poker sites - and the number of danes playing for a living is disproportionately high compared to other countries.

Oh yes: I'm danish... I belong in the fish / donkey category though. I'd be slaughtered in a field of danes playing for keeps.

Last edited:
T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Ladbrokes use the same software as those sites who use the Microgaming Network. But Ladbrokes themselves are NOT part of that network.

They are independant like poker stars or betfair.

I joined Bet365 (who ARE part of the Microgaming network) and found that it had a large proportion of good Scandinavian players - so I left.

Ladbrokes, likewise, seem to have a lot of knowledgeable Swedes, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish players.

Crancko's response kinda helps out in explaining why. I hope this clarifies things.

Richard7787

Richard7787

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Signed up to Ladbrokes last night, heard good things :) No chance to play yet though.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I joined Bet365 (who ARE part of the Microgaming network) and found that it had a large proportion of good Scandinavian players - so I left.

Ladbrokes, likewise, seem to have a lot of knowledgeable Swedes, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish players.

Crancko's response kinda helps out in explaining why. I hope this clarifies things. Thread

So its simply the scannies are good players and are attracted to Ladbrokes?

crancko

crancko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly the tax thing. We have some of the worlds highest taxes, so a chance to make taxfree $$ always gets us going.

Ladbrokes Poker