Lack of confidence

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends, again I here ...
Well, let me share with you something I honestly do not know if it happens with all the poker players:
"Lack of trust"
Although I have experienced a big drop in my banckroll, as I mentioned in other posts and recover some of that lost, I'm still not feeling the urge to play.
It is the first time it happens to me, and I'm still not knowing how to handle this situation.
'm Still not managing to develop the best of my game. I have played very little because of it.
If anyone has been there, I would like to know your opinion, and how did you deal with this little problem.
Thanks everyone for suggestions and comments on other posts. This is fundamental for our improvement within the sport!

C

criss159

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recomand you to watch some live poker tournaments or some high stakes games, so you can see the beautiful part about the game. i always get a strong urge to play after i watch it.

R

regslayer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to drop down in stakes and challenge myself by making x amount of buy-ins per stake and to slowly move back to my regular games..
It's solid way to rebuild your confidence... it's hard sometimes and I believe that booking those small wins will help your mental state

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Refocus poker is a long long long grind.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so, do you play too many marginal hands?
if you always play AA, KK , I would not say you are lack of confidence.
think that is the mostly on, what hands you play? if you are always on a lot of marginal situation, yes, would think that happens a lot. In a situation of constantly loss, or whatever, will make your confidence vanished.

the idea to deal with lack of confidence is Trying to find weaker player, and play with them, and rebuild/regain your confidence.

GL.

Last edited:
T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you don't feel like playing, don't bother just take a break. I know this all too well and if you don't feel like playing you won't be playing your best so i say take some time out and see if you actually miss playing, if you don't then maybe poker isn't for you :)

Faust

Faust

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the matter goes beyond poker, its something psichological as well as physical. You can give a hormonal boost on your confidence, raising your testosterone levels. That's why professional players often care about their body, but the matter is that if you want to raise your confidence then increase your muscles. This may sound stupid but it shows results, if you take a moment to think about it you will find out it's true.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If / when you don't feel like playing, don't play. Doing so creates an association in your mind, albeit perhaps only subconsciously, where poker, even if it isn't unpleasant, isn't fun either.

Also, to whatever extent you can, focus on the fun of playing, not the money. Yes, I know it's more fun to win and also to win more, but if your motivation for playing includes entertainment, competition, etc., then it's not just about money either.

Unless you're playing for amounts that are meaningful to your life / lifestyle, how much does the amount you're likely to win or lose in a given period really matter?

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep a stop loss, dont go overboard with your deposits. Do not gamble with meaningful amounts that can impact your life. Bet amounts you can afford to lose. Good luck.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many thanks for all the answers that were given here in this topic.
All help much.
Good luck at the tables!