Jet Set Poker Shut Down

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rumor has it Jet Set Shut Down completely not only to U.S. Patrons, there server is down and I was told through here say that U.S. Gov't shut them down. Any News on this would be appreciated.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has shut down (covered on another thread). I've never seen any adverts for Jetset poker in UK poker magazines or websites, so i presume they are almost exclusively US client based, and found themselves with no clients after the legislation.

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Rob I looked for another thread on this, sorry but now I know. I wonder how many other sites are going to go through the same thing?

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear Valued JetSetPoker Customer:

We deeply regret to convey that we shall be discontinuing service at JetSetPoker (the "Site") effective Midnight EST on Friday, October 13, 2006.

Initially, and as per our previous statement, we were cautiously optimistic in maintaining operations for our membership after the passage of the "SAFE Port Act HR 4954" on September 30, 2006 by the U.S. Senate. We nonetheless initially believed it to be practicable.

However, given the developments during the preceding week, including but not limited to, the unfavorable view of payment processors and financial institutions regarding online gambling and the extensive advice of our legal counsel, we have been instructed to cease activities and comply with this prohibitionist legislation.

We were fortunate to have a first-rate membership and it was our pleasure to provide a destination site where members were able to enjoy their favorite card games and tournaments with the surety that we were to buttress the integrity of the forum. In this inclement environment however we believe our ability to do so may become impaired nor do we anticipate this matter to improve in the near future.

We once again thank you for your patronage of JetSetPoker and deeply regret these unfortunate circumstances that have materially and adversely impacted both the Site and the industry.

Best regards,
JetSetPoker Management Team

C

cricketsoda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the world coming too?

Next thing you know we won't be able to eat the food we want.

"The US government today banned all fatty foods stating the fatty foods are not moral and destroying our children and ruining the economy, and"

I fart on them!

stunno

stunno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and it looks like the thieving swine have closed down and taken my winnings with them!!! :mad:

All $8.42 of it

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it's not much but I know there is help out there for sites that have closed down and take peoples winnings.

J

jeffto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jet Set Shutdown

I received the following e-mail on 10/13:
Dear jeffto:

The Big ONE Monthly Event (Tournament #1029001)
scheduled for October 29, 2006, has been cancelled due
to the termination of site operations. You have therefore
tied for 1st place, and $20.00 has been remitted
to your account (prize pool divided by 129, plus a little extra).

All of us at JetSetPoker value the fine community of players
that chose to play here and we hope you will accept our sincere
gratitude for your support and faithful patronage.

Regards,
JetSetPoker Tournament Staff

I've attempted to contact them with no luck, BUT I'm not getting errors on my e-mails.

Jeff