Jarred Huggins gets on BIG GAME from 2+2

RideN2Aces

RideN2Aces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not whinning because I was didnt make it.

Jarred Huggins was cut from casting at the same time I was.

After people complained on 2+2 , poker stars changes their decision and put him on the show.

I find it funny that they run a promotional contest and it can be influenced
by people on the internet, after he was cut.

I've been thinking about another video to make and than qualify thru freerolls again. But after this news I think I'm done with The Big Game. I'm a little sour that someone that was cut with me , gets on because of 2+2.

What do you guys think about this?

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, in the real world, its not always what you know, its who you know. It would be silly to suggest that 2+2 doesn't have a large influence in the poker community.

Huggins has an interesting backstory. The producers want an audience. 2+2 support showed that a large segment of the show's hardcore audience wanted him.

I'm sorry that you didn't get on the show but I think Huggins is a good choice. At the end of the day the producers just want a show that people will watch.

P.S. In the first line of your post you say you are not whining. Sorry, but yes you are.

Last edited:
TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
moral of the story: you should of gone to 2+2 and complained there

RideN2Aces

RideN2Aces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, in the real world, its not always what you know, its who you know. It would be silly to suggest that 2+2 doesn't have a large influence in the poker community.

Huggins has an interesting backstory. The producers want an audience. 2+2 support showed that a large segment of the show's hardcore audience wanted him.

I'm sorry that you didn't get on the show but I think Huggins is a good choice. At the end of the day the producers just want a show that people will watch.

P.S. In the first line of your post you say you are not whining. Sorry, but yes you are.

If he was so interesting , they wouldn't have cut him in the first place.
Sticking it to me saying I'm not interesting and no one would watch doesn't make sense.
He was cut with me. They seen the same in him as they did with me.

I didnt post to whine and complain I posted because of how much of a joke these poker stars contests are.
People signing a petetion online, come on... It's easy to muilt account.
That not a legit way to run a contest, Imo.

B

bigjoker66

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you had as many people emailing 'the big game' saying they wanted you on, you probably would have got on the show also.

It's good to learn early life isn't fair. Like the other guy said its not what you look like or what you know it who you know that counts a lot of the time.

I don't blame you for feeling the way you do.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he was so interesting , they wouldn't have cut him in the first place.
Sticking it to me saying I'm not interesting and no one would watch doesn't make sense.
He was cut with me. They seen the same in him as they did with me.

I didnt post to whine and complain I posted because of how much of a joke these poker stars contests are.
People signing a petetion online, come on... It's easy to muilt account.
That not a legit way to run a contest, Imo.

I never said that you weren't interesting. I wish that you had gotten on the show also. I simply said that Huggins is interesting as well imo (that's in no way a shot at you) and that 2+2 has a lot of iinfluence in the community.

I understand that you are upset with their decision and you came on here to vent. I have no problem with that. I just think its funny that you keep saying that you aren't here to whine and complain and really thats all that your doing. Now I'm done with this thread before it turns into somethiing silly and gets me in trouble with ban hammer people :).

If you do try for the show again, I sincerely wish you the best. :)

Jeight

Jeight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems like youve been salty about this since the last post you made and now this one seems like sour grapes...sorry but get over it..disapointments come with life.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't chime in on 2p2 but I'll chime in here. I did work "behind the scenes" so to speak to get the message that Jared Huggins belonged on The Big Game. I knew the PR people and had met the producer and some talent from the show. I was floored when he wasn't picked and made a passionate plea on his behalf. I was VERY happy to hear they reconsidered him for the show, and frankly, and REALLY looking forward to seeing him on. It's an amazing and great story and from all accounts, he's a great guy and deserves this break.

rjeezy20146

rjeezy20146

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hope the guys makes some money considering his situation any money he makes like 10k is huge for him wish him good luck.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can't wait to see how it turns out. will be a pretty epic week to watch.

C

ComplexPlaya

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When is that big game coming up ?

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

After people complained on 2+2 , poker stars changes their decision and put him on the show.

I've been thinking about another video to make and than qualify thru freerolls again. But after this news I think I'm done with The Big Game. I'm a little sour that someone that was cut with me , gets on because of 2+2.

I hear what you are saying....and you would typically have a lefit argument. But everyone who applies to these things should be aware that AT ANY TIME, the producers can do ANYTHING THEY WANT.....because it is THEIR SHOW. (This isn't me yelling, just emphasizing). They own all the rights. As a result, they get to do what they want. And if you, me or Barack Obama apply to any show, we should all be prepared for anything, cause that's Hollywood.

Hey, maybe someone gets sick and they call you back! :eek:

Take care

M

mrmood6007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly man, I know it sounds like a cliche, but life isn't fair in general. Often, all that matters is who you know, or you just catch a lucky break. Think about the homeless guy who has a "golden voice" and now he is pretty well-off. It's bizarre the types of things that can happen and they end up benefitting certain people, and in this case he got on because he had a bunch of people on a forum vouching for him. Is it fair? No. Is it life? Very much so.

R

rollnutilt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly man, I know it sounds like a cliche, but life isn't fair in general. Often, all that matters is who you know, or you just catch a lucky break. Think about the homeless guy who has a "golden voice" and now he is pretty well-off. It's bizarre the types of things that can happen and they end up benefitting certain people, and in this case he got on because he had a bunch of people on a forum vouching for him. Is it fair? No. Is it life? Very much so.
+1 All you can do is move on and try not to dwell on it. It will only make you more angry. Just an unlucky break man.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Semi-grunching, but lol at this. I mean. Seriously? You're surprised?

I didn't chime in on 2p2 but I'll chime in here. I did work "behind the scenes" so to speak to get the message that Jared Huggins belonged on The Big Game. I knew the PR people and had met the producer and some talent from the show. I was floored when he wasn't picked and made a passionate plea on his behalf. I was VERY happy to hear they reconsidered him for the show, and frankly, and REALLY looking forward to seeing him on. It's an amazing and great story and from all accounts, he's a great guy and deserves this break.

And all of this ^

L

LLCoolSway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe if you came back with a vengeance the producers would consider you. Tell them you made it you personal quest to make it twice to prove yourself or something?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu personally expressing surprise that he didn't make it onto the show probably would have carried a lot of weight too.

Maybe icemonkey can tell us more but from reading the thread over there I got the impression it was a technicality that made them pass on Huggins the first time around - there was that weird comment Negreanu made about background checks and that maybe being the reason.

Plus he's got to be better than Ernest Wiggins.

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
....Plus he's got to be better than Ernest Wiggins.

Better than E-dub? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!???? :D

That guy from Detroit was even worse!

"LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!"

What the heck was that?

regd87

regd87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Also seems like a whine post to me. I understand that you're upset that you didn't make it, I would be too.

here is a hug.*hug*

Top 10 Games