Isildur1 vs KidPoker superstar showdown

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This one will be fun!! :)

It's being played slightly different though, over 2 consecutive weeks for a total of 5000 hands. All the same rules apply, I guess Daniel wants to limit variance :p

First 2500 hands starts the Sunday March 20th 15.00 ET and then the following Sunday at the same time.

I do believe Viktor will will purely because of his aggressive style. I've watched Daniel playing some headsup 4 tables recently and obviously is a very good player but I don't think he will be splashing his money around like Viktor does although he might take a completely different approach to Viktor.

Either way, It's sure going to be fun and Daniel is my Favorite player but I like Viktor too so what ever happens I'd be happy.

Good luck both!

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
betz

This will prolly get the most attention ,and it should be a great game to watch.Do we have any prediction on who will win this?..Id favor Negreanu, if it was live,if its played online,Negreanu might be in trouble!

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This might actually be the first Isildur match I care to watch.

P

pol_92121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i heard about tha clash of the titans and i think negreanu will win!!!

I

IveyFan1985

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way Negreanu even has a chance is if he gets lucky. The only whiz kids are at a different level in heads up matches and in this case Daniel won't even have the benefit of any live reads. He'll be totally outclassed.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It isn't like Negreanu doesn't know how to play poker online. Sure he doesn't have any live reads, but realistically, any real poker player will tell you that the majority of reads come from betting amounts, not from someone shaking their hands or eating oreos. Yes, Negreanu has a good live reading ability, but up against another pro, it more than likely wouldn't be a game changer.

The biggest difference is going to be the difference between the type of game Negreanu likes to normally play(small ball) and the type that Blom likes to play(hyper agro jam every pot).

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This will be a costly mis-step for Daniel, one of my favorite live players.

Daniel has unmatched abilities to read his opponents in a live game, (when he's on his game), but that in no way translates to On-Line Poker.

Hes going to get his ass handed to him.

:boxing:

gnk2727

gnk2727

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This should be fun to see. I really like Negreanu as a player and whether it be online or live I think he will match up well with Viktor. Should be interesting to see if Daniel changes his approach against Viktor's aggro style.

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now this is a match up worth seeing! Negreanu is my favorite poker player! He just recently started online poker and stated himself that it was difficult for him but he was eager to learn an adjust his game. He got with Phil to help him with his game. So he knows he's not the best at the online tables but I'm sure he will bring some excitement to this match.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so Negreanu has been in training for this. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

H

hjr999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched Negreanu the other day practicing some heads-up online. A player got in line, sat down and started min raising. Negreanu typed in the chat box, "oh I can't play any min raisers right now." He told him the reason was because he was practicing for isildur1. I'm assuming he wanted aggressive competition for practice, so I think he knows what he's up against.

Also, Danny has a great knack for live poker tells simply by talking his opponents to death, but you'll see that guys like Ivey and Antonius barely extract information via physical tells. Straight from Negreanu's book Hold'em Wisdom, "The truth is, an elite poker player doesn't focus much on body language. Instead, he tries to understand how you think based on the hands you play and how you play them. He isn't looking for some obscure nostril flare or eye twitch to make a decision, but you can bet he's delving into his memory bank and comparing notes from previous hands. ...So, those physical tells that television commentators like to go on about are for the most part a bunch of hogwash! Watch me on television and you'll see that I make all kinds of strange faces. Good luck trying to figure out what they mean."

Except if it's Tilly. lol, her chest rises up and down:

youtube.com/watch?v=EIDR4GqDIt8
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIDR4GqDIt8"][/ame]

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems silly from DN's pov to go for 5k hands, although I suppose that's more a Stars decision seen as this'll be the most high profile game

SYWTWAF

SYWTWAF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So excited about this match-up! I'll actually try to rail this one. I expect isildur to take it down, but who knows.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a feeling that Isuldur will dominate for a while but Daniel will hit a monster and felt him. I dont quite understand how the 5k hands works. What if some one goes bust after one hand? do they have to keep rebuying? what if they go bust frequently it's going to cost them a small fortune.

Could someone explain it to me ?

I really hope daniel wins. Isildur just plays really badly sometimes.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a feeling that Isuldur will dominate for a while but Daniel will hit a monster and felt him. I dont quite understand how the 5k hands works. What if some one goes bust after one hand? do they have to keep rebuying? what if they go bust frequently it's going to cost them a small fortune.

Could someone explain it to me ?

I really hope daniel wins. Isildur just plays really badly sometimes.

Just like the 2500 hand challenge, if one manages to bust another then its game over, not possible in 1 hand by the way!:p Spread across 4 tables and 10k starting stacks. So, yeah if one manages to bust the other in the first weekend then it wont be a 2 week affair.

The same rules apply as in the the normal showdown it's just more advertising rights for poker stars to get people in by doing 2 weeks worth.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This will be a costly mis-step for Daniel, one of my favorite live players.

Daniel has unmatched abilities to read his opponents in a live game, (when he's on his game), but that in no way translates to On-Line Poker.

Hes going to get his ass handed to him.

:boxing:

You don't think he's been practising/preparing for this?

I think it'll be close. Obv. hoping for Negreanu to win it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Seems to be doin' okay in HU Sng's. (obviously not significant.. but thought I'd post it anyways).

Attachments

• KidPoker HU sng.gif
    KidPoker HU sng.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 210
DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Put me in the Negreanu kicks ass camp. He wouldn't be playing if he wasn't fully prepared.

N

NFLD_REBEL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't rail any of the pros but I will check this one out. Hoping Daniel can take it down.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just like the 2500 hand challenge, if one manages to bust another then its game over, not possible in 1 hand by the way!:p Spread across 4 tables and 10k starting stacks. So, yeah if one manages to bust the other in the first weekend then it wont be a 2 week affair.

The same rules apply as in the the normal showdown it's just more advertising rights for poker stars to get people in by doing 2 weeks worth.

Ahh ok thanks man.