Interesting News - Networks Merge

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ty egon, now im never gonna sleep(private joke).
so Im with vc at tribeca, whats the other network got? i couldnt see.
+rep egon, but Im not allowed to +rep today.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tribeca is known to most of us as Doyles Room or Victor Chandler.

The other one is Titan and Noble.

In both cases, there are loads of other skins. These are just the best known.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, so why are vc doing this, and will they follow thru with it?:
4 tournaments, even freeroll entries into the biggest ever online tournament. glad I have a decent bankroll here, and know most of the good players!
I have more info if anyone is interested........

Attachments

• vcscreen.jpg
    vcscreen.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 69
Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dunno.

I expect it`ll probably take months to sort out the details of the merger, so there`ll likely be no overnight change to existing games.

But why not email their support and ask them. Post the answer here for anyone else who`s interested.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These and the approximately 125 other poker skins already serviced by Tribeca will now join the Playtech/iPoker family, which includes Titan Poker, Noble Poker and others.

125 other sites :eek::eek: flipping heck !

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
grand_logo_h.jpg

spacer.gif
The $10,000,000 Grand Slam from VC Poker
cash.jpg
There has never been an opportunity for an online poker player to win $10,000,000 – UNTIL NOW.
For the first time in the history of online poker, one player will have a chance to do exactly that, courtesy of the $10,000,000 Grand Slam from VC Poker.
Whether it’s tennis, golf, rugby or snooker, the Grand Slam is a historic achievement in the annals of sport and VC Poker is proud to introduce the Grand Slam to poker with a prize truly worthy of a Grand Slam Champion - $10,000,000.
All you need to do to become the Grand Slam Champion is employ your tournament skills, strategies and tactics and win four big money tournaments with a maximum of 999 players in each.
Yes, you read that right!
Not only is the $10,000,000 Grand Slam the biggest single prize in online poker history, it also compares quite favorably to the Grand Daddy of poker titles – the wsop Main Event. Unlike the WSOP which is 8,000+ entrants and growing, you only have to beat 4 groups of 999 players (max) to win a total prize payout of $10,000,000 and the ultimate online poker title as the VC Poker Grand Slam Champion.
And the value continues……

chips.jpg

Win three tournaments and you could still scoop up to $5,000,000 or simply show consistency with final table finishes and you are guaranteed a bonus pay-out and the chance of being sponsored by VC Poker. That’s right, simply finish on the final table of two or more of the Grand Slam qualifying tournaments and you are guaranteed to win a prize valued between $5,000 and $250,000! Better yet, you can then quit your day job and fulfil your dream of becoming a poker professional with VC footing the bill.​
For those of you who haven’t worked it out yet, that’s over $20,000,000 in total prizes up for grabs!
Don’t forget, you need to win all four tournaments to win the $10,000,000 so don’t delay! With only 999 players in each tourney, the 4 Grand Slam Events are bound to fill up fast. Thankfully, there are exclusive qualifiers, available only on VC Poker, awarding you entry into all 4 Grand Slam events. There is even a freeroll qualifier. Imagine that, a chance to win $10 Million without spending a single cent!
Just think. There only a handful of poker players in the world who’s career earnings exceed $10,000,000. Isn’t it time you were on that list?
Register today for you shot at onine poker’s richest prize. After all, $10 Million is not bad for four nights work​

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL. I don't care how good you are. No one is winning that Grand Slam.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

True, I thought that when I first got the email (I have an account there).

On the other hand two final table finishes out of four is not impossible, so you could reasonably aim at that, if you wanted to enter.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must have seen me play!!!!!!
nah, but if i can get in on a freeroll(max 999 players) I have a small shot at going thru.very small shot.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
400 K a day in rake....why the fcuk have none of us started a goddam online poker client???

Oh that's right you need to be a millionaire to start...

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive got $400 online, cant we all club in and buy our own poker site. call it 'whythef**kdidyoucallwiththat'? fish-poker site?
Doesnt poker stars earn $500 a second every day, read that somewhere.

C

chane

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think Victor Chandler or Doyles Room really had a choice. They pretty much have to do what their network does.

I think Doyles Room will find another network, like Full Contact is doing. They have shown a strong interest to stay open to U.S. Players.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL...US players don't have to worry about anything to do with this. We were already screwed when they all banned us. LOL

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i take that 10million down, I'll buy you a poker game for your xbox, ok?
no probs, dont mention it.
KD

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, its the same here as at your home, you have to beg for money from your better half, you dont control it, ok?

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.US players don't have to worry about anything to do with this.

Not necessarily, JD.

One of the biggest sites involved is Doyle`s Room. They are still open to US players at the moment. In fact, they have publicly declared that they are committed to serving American players.

This gives them a big headache. If their parent network merges with another which does not serve Americans, where does that leave them ? :(

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does Doyle still 'work/play' there?
if so, surely he has some clout in the poker world, his name sounds familiar!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow nice link. i have him on my buddy list at vcpoker, but he doesnt play my level, 2c/4c, no idea why? is he rich, or good, or both???
never read super system, but i have Poker Wisdom of a Champion by him, lots of stories from when he was young, good book.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is he rich, or good, or both???

He`s a high-stakes kind of guy, KD.

Also, if you see him at the table, you do not want to play him, unless maybe you are prepared to give up some of your BR for the education. He`s one of the half-dozen best players in the world.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id say, doyle, you may have your 10-2, the doyle hand, but I have 8-4os, the dog bite hand. sorry, i have a full house!
or maybe Id run screaming like a little girl.
the latter most likely.
Id play him any time at my level, just to say i played with doyle, its like in rounders with the scene with johnny? chan.
but i doubt if he plays $1 sngs?
ah i get that poker player magazine every month, have done since the start, i know all about the players, etc. I just like to play the fool.