Increase no. of tables good or bad for future development?

G

Grindabod

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, hope to get some opinions on this.

I play 4nl at the moment and want to move up the stakes using conventional BR management, but I also want to become a solid player and study and practice as I get along. I gues I have two goals that might be somewhat conflicting; move up and start to get some rakeback and profit as soon as possible, and not move so fast that I don't take time to study and learn to play technically to my best potential kind of thing.

So, I play 3-4 tables 6max quite comfortably at the moment, but tried 6 tables today and it did not feel all that rushed or panicy (is that a word?) I still managed to look at stats before making decisions and take notes, although perhaps not as thoroughly as with 4 tables.
I will play the same amount of hours every week, around 10, but with 6 instead of 4 tables I will obviously be able to play 1.5 as many hands.

I realise that my bb/100 will suffer, but that will probably be made up for by increased number of hands and this will enable me to move up faster.

What worries me is that I might not get as much fundamental training in hand reading and putting opponents on ranges etc. which will be important later on. On the other hand I get a lot of experince and training in multi tabling which will also be important later on. The extra amount of hands played must also count for some extra training I guess.

What do you guys think is better in the long run? If I practice multi tabling now which enables me to move up faster, will I be able to slow down later and focus more on fundamental poker strategy if I need to, or should I give my self more time now and take it easy?

Cheers for any replies

I realise that I will have

G

Grindabod

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore that last bit, 'I realize....' I'm writing this on my phone and it's a bugger to work/correct with.

D

ddeely1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is important when you start adding more tables to get warmed up with your normal number first. Start out playing 4 tables for 30 mins or an hour. Then add in another table. Then try 6 tables. If you start losing go back to 5 or 4 etc. Try to work within your comfort zone and dont push yourself to move up to fast