Im a donk...i need a break

S

stg1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't get me wrong i've never been a great player, I can't play cash games, I seem good at MTT's (but rarely get time), and I used to be ok at SnG's and DT's (when i say ok i mean make a small profit, nothing spectacular).

But lately, Ive pissed away most of my BR in the last 4 days, and ive been a complete donk..Ive kept making excuses for myself (and yes, i have had some awful bad beats) , but then ive just gone and made things worse.

One shameful example..

Early in a 6 Man SnG , no major changes in chip count yet, blinds are still 50/100, UTG+1 raises to 400, i call from the cutoff with AK, everyone else folds, and the flop comes
Kh 10d 2d
Villain checks, I bet 700 into a 950 pot, Villain repops 3000.

So what do I do, do I sit and think, Hmm, did he have pocket AA or 10/10, does he have 2 diamonds, should i call, should i fold...

No, I shove allin of course..

Villain shows Ad 8d, and the next card is a diamond.

Its just one example, i seem to have caught the allin disease, allin with TPTK, when ive been repopped, how stupid am i.

I need a break for a few days... :(

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet preflop and getting it in on the flop is 100% standard. Stop being so results oriented and you'll be fine.

S

stg1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Must be doing something wrong, ive dropped my roll from 190 to 40 in 4 days, on basically $6 SnG and DT's.... and lets face it, you dont need to be Phil Ivey to do well on this level at PKR...

Im gutted with myself... ever get that sick feeling, where you think, how did i let it get that bad...

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are playing underolled, and going bust when your playing sit and go's with ~30 buyins will happen at some stage.

Move down to $1 games asap and rebuild.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you were blowing through your roll did you ever consider dropping stakes?

S

stg1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No :eek:

In fact at one stage I moved from $6 to $12 to try and make it up..

This is bad isnt it.... told you i was an idiot..

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^ The posts above make good sense.
BRM.
GL

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stop being so hard on yourself , get your shit together and start playing your best poker. a very big part of poker is confidence. without it you will never be a great player. loosing your roll should inspire you to become a better player
all the best in the future
No :eek:

In fact at one stage I moved from $6 to $12 to try and make it up.

This is bad isnt it.... told you i was an idiot..

S

stg1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok thanks guys, but surely not $1 games with 200... surely $3 would be ok, thats 60 BI

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You sound like me one and a half years ago, moving up SNG buy-ins when your tilting and losing most of your BR is awful :/
Move sites and grind up through the cash game levels instead imo. SNGs suck.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you didn't drop down when your roll shrunk, the most likely reason you let it get so bad is ego. It may not be completely conscious, but you wouldn't be the first player who didn't drop down because it would mean playing below what you consider to be your skill level. It's just plain silly to let that override sensible BRM. .

S

stg1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You sound like me one and a half years ago, moving up SNG buy-ins when your tilting and losing most of your BR is awful :/
Move sites and grind up through the cash game levels instead imo. SNGs suck.

Im considering that..im sick of PKR anyway, bunch of morons with their emotes and drama...

S

stg1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you didn't drop down when your roll shrunk, the most likely reason you let it get so bad is ego. It may not be completely conscious, but you wouldn't be the first player who didn't drop down because it would mean playing below what you consider to be your skill level. It's just plain silly to let that override sensible BRM. .

I wouldn't dissagree with you. However, at least my ego wasnt so big that I couldnt post my mistake...I need to stop this... I thought i was decent if unspectacular player, i cant put my finger on whats going wrong.

I sit and watch all these donks limping from UTG with q/9 suited, then i or someone else puts in a healthy raise, only for the limpers to call, flop a flush draw, still call a pot sized bet (without the odds), and hit their flush..

I know its supposed to be what we want, get your money in ahead, its a percentages game...but i cant seem to see it, at a PKR table, there always seems to be either a suckout, or a cooler.

OR am i just making excuses for my own bad play.

I need to take some time to be honest and assess myself, i'd go back through some hand histories, but its such hard work in PKR.

Im thoroughly depressed now

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im considering that..im sick of PKR anyway, bunch of morons with their emotes and drama...

I moved from PKR to Stars (not saying Stars is the only option) and switched from SNGs and MTTs to cash games, starting at 2nl. Cash games can be tilting sometimes too but I found the process of learning how to beat them very satisfying and Stars is SO much better than PKR.
If you don't have RB at PKR you are unlikely to beat the rake anyway.