Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Opt123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I'm brand new here. Instead of lurking around forver, I thought I'd jump right in and get a feel for your take on my strategy for making one hell of an income for myself.

I use a software that plays poker for me on 6 different rooms, and I'm raking in the dough, at an average of about $60 an hour.

My question is... do you think that's evil, or genius? (or evil genius)

The software does lose, but I've never seen any playing like it. Bottom line, not only does it work, but I'm entertained watching it because it's bad to the bone!

So, not to be the new guy that comes starting crap... but really I want to know what people think about what I'm doing!!!

Peace.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes. You are in fact evil....and a cheat. Welcome to Cardschat??:rolleyes:

JeeDub84

JeeDub84

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe there has already been a thread on using bots. Try searching for it and maybe you will find it. As far as bots go for me it is cheating in my eyes. If you dont have any skill at the game at all (not saying you have no skill) or arent a winning player and you use something to give you a large advantage over other players then you are breaking some rules and you must evaluate your own morals.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you code the bot or set any of the parameters for it? Or did you just use it as it came?

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My question is... do you think that's evil, or genius? (or evil genius)

Evil = A serial killer.
Genius = A winning poker pro who plays himself.

You = Just misguided, immoral, and an embarrassment to yourself and the poker community. That's all.

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First off, welcome to cardschat!

I'm still wondering if this is a real post or if you are just pulling our chain!

but really I want to know what people think about what I'm doing!!!

You do? O.K. You are a CHEAT! There is no place for you here on CardsChat! We do not condone this type of thing at ALL!! If you are for real you can just go away. We play games with each other on here. We do NOT want to play against your bot!!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Actually, it was just an excuse to get his sig-link up on the forum (which has been deleted). But I thought this was a bit humorous, so kept the thread up. :D

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, it was just an excuse to get his sig-link up on the forum (which has been deleted). But I thought this was a bit humorous, so kept the thread up. :D

You kept your cool huh JQ. It kinda made my blood boil, I hate cheaters!!

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We play games with each other on here. We do NOT want to play against your bot!!

Maybe not Sammy. But in fairness just a harsh dismissial of the bot is bad, for us all. If a poster wants to rave about his great "bot" fine. Lets see how great it is ! Especially if some of the poker rooms out there are as rife with them as some suspect.

Lets see some hand histories of how this "bot" played some hands, does it make questionable calls, is it totally solid, does it ever make mistakes ? We cant beat them unless we know more about how they play, and what mistakes they make if any.

So bring it on mate !. BTW ill play your "bot" heads up if you like, or at a full table on one of your rooms, pure for information purposed. It would be a very interesting experience knowing for a FACT that one of you opponents is a computer programme

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You kept your cool huh JQ. It kinda made my blood boil, I hate cheaters!!
I hate cheats of any kind myself. But our dear friend tenbob brings up a very interesting point...I for one would love to see if this develops (provided this guy ever comes back). It would be quite enlightening I'm sure. TB--I love how you take a look at the flipside of the coin. :)

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never really understood these bots, or more to the point the fuss about them. If you are the one who programs it what to do, then surely it is only as good as its maker.

Of course 2 at a table gives a small advantage if they are communicating, but still I'm not too convinced about that. If you owned both the bots player IDs this would soon get picked up by collusion programs (monitoring IPs, registered names/addresses/phone nos, if they play with any one player too regularly, betting anomalies with good hands, etc etc etc). So it would have to be 2 or more bots owned by different people, who avoid playing at each others tables too regularly, and also deliberitely lose to each other on premium hands occassionally. Way too much hassle really to give a small edge. (plus of course chance of being caught and have account frozen)

Take a simple game in essence and program a robot to do it, and it will inevitably do it badly. Too routine, too standardised etc. Not enough sophistication.

The only benefit is that it will be a tad more patient than average Joe :)

Anyway, like JQ said, he was only spamming a link anyway :)

TopSmoke

TopSmoke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots Snot

To the robot man mr 'Tin Can'
Just like tenbob has challenged U I also challenge you and your wife miss 'Imacheaterbot' to some HeadsUp or Ring Games prefferbly N/L.
Just PM me or reply with which pokerroom and a time,if you decide 2 show face up in here again..
Personally I wont miss ya.:p :p :p :p

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate cheats of any kind myself. But our dear friend tenbob brings up a very interesting point...I for one would love to see if this develops (provided this guy ever comes back). It would be quite enlightening I'm sure. TB--I love how you take a look at the flipside of the coin. :)

~Its the nature of poker JQ, it attracts cheats, since pokers inception cheats and thieves have been attracted to the game. It knowing all about them and their techniques thats important. Online is no different.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he's goading you.

J

Just1morefish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is only a matter of time before a bot can and does play consistently,
Make a better mouse trap, only to make smarter mice. The only aid we have is the software the site has, how well does it detect bot play?
Or can it. And is there a way to see if anyone is seeing your desktop.
I know adware does tell you if anything is trying to come in but if it rides the poker software then what?
Just look at e-bay for the all the software that can make you rich.
Take the risk; load it, only to have your account frozen.

This is Just1morefish in pond full of sharks.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are cheating.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but I'm entertained watching it because it's bad to the bone!
lol.

You are breaking the rules of the site you are playing at, other than that I wouldn't consider it cheating. It can't see other players cards and uses strategy like anyone else. It's just a matter of programming a superior style, getting cards and hoping people don't do extremely weird shit. I personally don't know how someone can trust a bot to play for them when using real money unless you went to MIT or something and know it's damn good and won't get caught...and I see/have no problem playing against a bot either.

Last edited:
O

Opt123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey... [wow! moderator censored with a stupid sig link]!!

I figured a lot of people would think i'm a cheat... but the reason I asked if you thought it was evil, is because I personally think it's the card rooms that leak these things out... for the rakes.

I mean, I wasn't sitting in my basement making up a cheat... I found it, used it, and have cashed in over $3k in about a week.

So, I wasn't trying to hock the program, I was just asking what you thought...

You negative nancies!! lol

But here's the link again... moderator, just let it slide til you try it yourself :p

Mod Edit: Removed spammy link.

Last edited by a moderator:
whyareunvs

whyareunvs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no problem with a bot, if it's known to be a bot. The problem that has always existed for these types of "solutions" is that once you learn the parameters that the bot operates under you can take advantage and take it to the cleaners.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean, I wasn't sitting in my basement making up a cheat... I found it, used it, and have cashed in over $3k in about a week.

You negative nancies!! lol

I have no problem with bots or the claims you've made, (which I VERY highly doubt is true) just with dumbasses who get banned after only 3 posts! Shazaam! lol

0pt123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wasn't trying to get banned... the mod said he wanted to see the link again, so I posted it, and his ugly sister came by and banned me.

I didn't realize this was Nickelodeon Poker forums

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooring

Status
Not open for further replies.