as I played this hand?

1durrrr1man

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What are you hoping to be called with there with your K-J off-suit? Any call is probably ahead of you from the get-go.

I realize if you're sitting around 10 big blinds you don't want to wait too long, but it is also extremely likely that you will be called with a better hand doing that sort of thing when you are first to act/UTG in a hand. Plus, if everyone folds, you only pick up 1.5 blinds.

Better to do that sort of thing from the button or cutoff so that all of the calls have already been made and some money is in the pot and you can tell better whether K-Jo has a snowflake's chance in hell at winning by whether there is a raise or not behind you.

I'd give slightly more credit to the hand if it was suited, but I just feel like it's a bad all-in here.

I would have called and then called any small raise from the table or folded a big raise (over 4bb).

sergios

sergios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are you hoping to be called with there with your K-J off-suit? Any call is probably ahead of you from the get-go.

I realize if you're sitting around 10 big blinds you don't want to wait too long, but it is also extremely likely that you will be called with a better hand doing that sort of thing when you are first to act/UTG in a hand. Plus, if everyone folds, you only pick up 1.5 blinds.

Better to do that sort of thing from the button or cutoff so that all of the calls have already been made and some money is in the pot and you can tell better whether K-Jo has a snowflake's chance in hell at winning by whether there is a raise or not behind you.

I'd give slightly more credit to the hand if it was suited, but I just feel like it's a bad all-in here.

I would have called and then called any small raise from the table or folded a big raise (over 4bb).

thanks for the comment, I played this hand badly and is eliminated, your comments were real good! thank you

C

cplinbuffalo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah need to wait there first to act is a fold there

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost always a UTG all in with less then 15bb looks out of gas so its hard for people to give you credit for a real hand and they will call you with any hands. In this case the Villain made a loose call and still win. and you gave the guy with 800 chips a pay jump. King jack off suit don't have big potential to hit any flop hard so i will fold them and wait for a better situation.

Last edited:
R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's close but I think folding is best, although when it's turbos I'm more for shoving.

Either way, I don't think it's a huge mistake to shove here in an 11c turbo tournament. KQo+ would be my fault though.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with antes and the fact that there are three stacks behind you that you don't care about, i think shoving is ok.

when there are stacks that cannot damage you much, just pretend they are not there, so we're essentially in MP with around 6BB adjusted stack, i think it's a shove, but close to the bottom of the unsuited range.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would also have shoved there because we have less than less than 10 bigs and i don't mind getting it in with these cards. So i don't mind the shove at all.
I would have also shoved if i had any Ace, any pair or even KQ. All we can hope for is that anyone who calls us does not have us dominated and that atleast both our cards are live.:hmpf:

sergios

sergios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
second thought! pushie wrong! q had top 3 blind and wait! the anxiety of adding chips betrays me! I make mistakes and q end eses eliminating me! i was reading all the comments and all doubts clear to me how to play cards like jk qk, q are right any villain would accept my allin! thanks guys! learn more every day! thanks for the comments.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi sergios, I think u should have waited for a better hand there...I understand that u had only 8 bb left, but still going allin at early position with no ace, is a bad move. U should have waited for a better position atleast...

sergios

sergios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi sergios, I think u should have waited for a better hand there...I understand that u had only 8 bb left, but still going allin at early position with no ace, is a bad move. U should have waited for a better position atleast...

thanks for the advice! I'm slowly learning how to play some cards! thank you

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
early position for me was bad idea.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands