HOWTO: Making and publishing a video of your poker session

R

Riedel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

This is a tutorial / HOWTO for those who want to record their poker session, and put it online so others can view it. There are probably a million ways to do it, but this is pretty simple and effective.

Step one:

Download HyperCam from: http://www.hyperionics.com/downloads/HC2Setup.exe

HyperCam is screen recording software. Download and install, then launch it. Afterwards, open your pokersoftware and sit at a table. In hypercam click the 'AVI File' tab. At 'AVI File Name' enter something like: 'C:\pokersession.avi'. From the drop down list at 'Video Compressor', select xVid MPEG4 codec. Put the frames per second on 5. This will keep your AVI file small and still smooth enough for viewing.

Click the Screen Area tab. Now click 'Select Region' (or 'Select Window if you plan to do other stuff while seated'), and select the area of the screen you wish to record (being the poker table). When you've selected the area or window, click 'Start Recording'.

When you finish recording, press 'Stop Recording' in HyperCam. Your AVI is now ready. But ofcourse, you'll want to upload it.

Step 2: Google Video

Go to Google If you already have a google account, log in (Top right corner). If not, the sign up process is quick. After signing up you'll need to confirm your e-mail address by pressing a link. Once logged in, press Video (top left). At the right side of the screen you'll see 'My Videos'. Click upload your videos. Click browse, and select C:\pokersession.avi (or whatever you named it).

Uploading will take a bit, but it'll usually be done within 10 minutes. After you've uploaded your video, Google will show you the address where your video can be watched.

Enjoy.

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
Hi Riedel,

Excellent post! Thankyou very much for contributing this.

K

Keebs212842

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm downloading the software now. I'll give it a try. I'm a little afraid how beat up I'll get over my play, but who knows... Maybe I'm better than I think (Optimism at it's best...)

-Keebs212842

Paw_kit Aces

Paw_kit Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is the video quality so poor is that the way it always turns out?

pitter22

pitter22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is cool... i hope i can show off some major bluffs ;)