How are the Pokersites going to deal with their .Net sites?

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wanted to know this, I myself don't belong to any of the .Net sites of the major poker sites. But I mentioned in another thread about this.

How are they going to deal with their .Net sites when enforcement starts?(whenever and whatever that may be)Will it fall under the terms of this law?

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The .net sites should not be affected as they are not, in and of themselves, gambling sites. They are free sites and no real money is used. How that would be blocked would be a different question, but the sites would likely remain.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well technically the legislation only deals with financial transactions involving 'illegal gambling' sites. As no financial transactions are involved in the .net sites, on the face of it they should be unaffected.

However it's obvious that the .net sites are used as a 'gateway' to the .com sites. Whether the poker sites decide to leave the .net sites open to Americans knowing that it's incredibly unlikely they're going to deposit real money (and of course illegal if they do) is entirely another question.

So I guess the answer is I dunno, and I don't think anyone knows except the powers that be at the sites themselves.

BKrywko1

BKrywko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
party poker has said that even though they will pull out of the U.S. market once this bill is signed, they are still allowing Americans to play off the partypoker.net site...I would imagine this is the same for all sites, since no money is changing hands.