How much volume pros put into the game?

T

Tgen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i want to find out how much serious players play and compare it to my burnout limit.

so

1. How many stt sngs pros play per month?

2. How many mttsngs per month?

3. how many large field mtt per month?

4. How many hands in a cash game per month?

5. how many husng per month? both hyper and regulars

of course there are those who either put too little volume or too much but i want an average and *standar* numbers for all those questions.

Its basically to check if my work ethic is good enough.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think it is up to the individual, as we all have different thresholds to experience burnout, coupled with how well you have been running.

geegeebye

geegeebye

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typically, "serious" mtt or stt or cash players are just focusing on their one specific game. It is rare to find players who constantly spam sng's, mtt's and cash all at the same time. Depending on your location a hardcore mtt player may play anywhere from 10-15 mtt's per day. However if you are able to be on Stars that could easily be double. I don't really mess with anything but mtt's within the U.S. so can't really suggest an accurate number for sng's or cash games.

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a serious pro or anything but I am trying to build up a bank roll. I tend to play 4-5 tournaments a day. Any amount of sngs. My main game is Limit Holdem cash games though and I aim to play 3,000 hands a day. The reason for this is that I'm constantly updating my strategies and to play any less would take too long to see how any changes are panning out. Don't know if that's of any use to you but like I said, I ain't no pro.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
just a recreational donk & have been putting in ~75k to 100k hands per month.

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow Orifice...just wow that's a ton of volume for rec play.

My volume's actually gone down a ton not only in terms of how much time I have to play but by hour as well. I'm lucky to have 6 tables running at a time and playing FR now so I'm topping out at 390 hands/hour.

It'd only take me 192-256 hours minimum per month to hit that much play, lol.

*Edit*
Just checked in HEM and yeah I'm averaging 327 hands/hour for the last month.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Each according to their wallets and luck in the game of poker.

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for a living at Bovada. 6-max hold'em cash games at 200NL and 400NL. As a result, I can only 4-table (because that's the limit at Bovada).

I am playing 8K to 10K hands per week, so some of you recreational players are playing more hands than I am.

-HooDooKoo

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
4 Tables Max same as on stars although you can 4 table different limits ive seen some plays 4 table 1 limit then 2 table another limit

'SPEED' poker (as in 'iPoker network).
I'm not sure if you can play on more than 8 tables simultaneously 'on same limit' but do know for certain you can play up to 8tables. I do it all the time.

On 888Poker you can only play max. 2 tables at one limit (when I play on there I will sometimes play on more than one limit at a time... but more often just play the 2 tables & add them in with others on another pokersite)

Top 10 Games