How many games are you comfortable multi-tabling and why?

How many tables do you play at a time?

Votes: 11 8.7%

Votes: 39 30.7%
  • 3 or more

Votes: 77 60.6%

• Total voters
M

mycophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Up to 4 for me, mainly because this laptop will get overwhelmingly crowded with so many windows. Also- only tournaments. Personally suck at cash games and generally avoid them

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 tables zoom,9 tables reg,and i dont know 4-6 mtt/sng.... Anything more than 9 is small.... And i can easily missclick...
I play 4 tables mtt on phone...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep records of my multitabling. I do best on 2 tables and 4 tables. The definite worst is 6 tables. I can't explain why.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do better on 2 or 4 tables. 6 tables is definitely my worst. I wish I knew why.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tried playing 5 sit and goes at once doesn't work for me 2 tables at one time is best need too process information a at slower pace how you can play 24 at one time is beyond me wouldn't you time out at some point in your play :confused: :confused:

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6MAx Cash prob 4tables feel comfortable. for full ring tournaments or SNGs maybe up to 6, otherwise eyes start going funny lol:eek:

E

eelsthefan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I moved up to 2-3 tables at first for the same reason as trolaAa... so I would stop going on tilt playing way too many hands just to get some action. With 2-3 I'm in a hand often enough to keep me focused on the game. More than that right now and I start making bad decisions. I think after another 40K-60K hands I will have more experience to be able to make quicker correct decisions and can move up in tables again to help increase my $/hr and also decrease variance. CardKing777 - if you can make 4bb/100 hands playing one table, and play almost as good playing two tables (lets say 3bb/100 hands) why wouldn't you? In my case I was losing money playing one table but making money playing two or three, so seems like a no-brainer.

SittinPerty

SittinPerty

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 for me! 4 is probably my max amount. I do understand why people multi table a lot of tables but then it just starts to become retarded and annoying when u have Two or three monitors full of tables....I had AA go into the muck when I first tried multi tabling more than 10 tables once because I was unaware it was my move on that table (TICK TICK) Fold!!!! Sigh.....

marcela_lula

marcela_lula

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel comfortable playing 5 tables maximum in order to have time to think of all

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 for me! 4 is probably my max amount. I do understand why people multi table a lot of tables but then it just starts to become retarded and annoying when u have Two or three monitors full of tables....I had AA go into the muck when I first tried multi tabling more than 10 tables once because I was unaware it was my move on that table (TICK TICK) Fold!!!! Sigh.....

Lol,why did you try 10? I started with 2, than 4 than 9... 9 only for regular tables... For zoom 4 are ok... If you play tournaments its not a problem having 6+ tables... Ah it all depends from person to person i guess....
I dont like slow play for example...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 MTT's is my limit. Couple of reasons. First I cannot keep up with what is going on in any more than 4 and second because 4 tables fit very nicely onto my screen without having to worry about tables popping up all over the place.

T

tiki_taka_br

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just 4 tables for me... Because poker need concentration and I think that 4 tables are the ideal...

P

poltax

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on how manycomputers you play
I play on 2 computers and play on each +- 8 tables
but I starting out on 2 tables per computer
and than you bild up by the years you play

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm currently working to get myself to 4 full ring games at once, playing two 6-max tables at a time. I didn't see the value of it before and played one table exclusively, thinking I'd be more focused and play better. At micros though, volume > fancy, thought out plays.

kidpoker324

kidpoker324

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
4 table is good for me , otherwise i feel overwhelmed and make bad decisions. if you are Multi-tabling , you can't play your best game, i recommend for new players first to specialize only one table , then if they feel comfortable they can add more table.

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play two tables pretty well, if I am alone in my house. :)

W

Wickedonesin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still at one table. I tried 2 and 3 for a bit. It was easier to not get bored for sure but I didn't feel comfortable at it.

W

waterboy73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is 3 or 4. Mainly because I am a U.S. player, and certain sites have good games that run at the same times.. Forcing me to play 3-4 games, because they all run at the same time. I also feel like I play better, and am able to pay more attention to each table, if I limit myself to 3-4 tables.. Anything over that, and my attention span decreases making it very difficult devote adequate attention to each game.

T

tortuga420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
2 tables seems to be about my going speed I like to take time and weigh my options and I find myself slipping and missing bets if i have more than 2. i tried 5 one time and it was not a pretty site i believe i lost all of them badly from quick and not smart plays

S

srissofredi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm most comfortable with 6, or atleast I prefer it, but I seem to be more profitable and have less variance when playing 4 or 5 tables.

S

Swickster007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am playing low stakes, I do not mind multi-tabling 2-3 tables...but if I'm playing a high stakes or at least taking the tournament more seriously, i stick to 1 table at a time.

chuG

chuG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Four tables for me, solely because I like all tables visible at the same time. Fast/6max/9, all four.

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Four tables for me, solely because I like all tables visible at the same time. Fast/6max/9, all four.

That usually hurts my eyes, stacking tables works best for me.

F

FourOfAnAce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just because i'm a rookie and just starting to play online, I can only handle two hands. When they both are ready for me to bet pre-flop, it gets quite difficult. I imagine how others feel with 8-10 tables... lol

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to keep it 4 & under. But I'm a tournament player,the action gets aggressive when blind get high and you have to make quick decisions.Cash games I hardly ever play them.

Top 10 Games