How many games are you comfortable multi-tabling and why?

How many tables do you play at a time?

Votes: 11 8.7%

Votes: 39 30.7%
  • 3 or more

Votes: 77 60.6%

• Total voters
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
this ^

Lately I get bored if I'm only 4-tabling SPEED cash tables & find myself browsing the web, reading poker forums, etc. while playing.

Tried to stay off of other stuff while playing... did an hour session of 8-tabling SPEED tables (6 on iPoker & 2 on Party). For now I think 8 is not optimal. Maybe one day.

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play 2 tables ,then I can really pay attention at whats happening, and make decent choices, I'll start playing 4 or more ,then just whittle it down to the 2 I want to play!!

B

badalhoco345

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never play more than 12 tables. It's not a question of focus because in the majority of the times i just focus on my hands and games. I just don´t play more because I had defined the tournaments that I should play and it's rare to play more than 12 at the same time. When it happens it's a good sign lol

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 MTTs max. Also like to play less tables with larger buy-ins at stake and occasionally with regular tournaments too.

Want to concentrate on tables and tournament selection. Good ROI - better feeling.

evthealien

evthealien

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually find it harder playing only 1 table because it's boring, especially when you get a bad run of hole cards and fold for 30 minutes.

Probably 3 is where I play the most optimally. But I'll usually play 4 to 6. And I want to work my way up to 10 or 12.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should start multytabling than playing MTT's probably more profitable!

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Cash games my max is two to play optimal but I usually play 2 cash 2 MTT at the same time.

Huwww

Huwww

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I currently play 4 zoom tables and find that fine. Normal tables I'd play 6-8 depending on how I feel. I remember when I first tried 4 normal tables, it felt insanely fast, now 4 normal tables feels almost slow ;)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the average reg can do up to 6 . Its after that where is becomes kinda harder to keep up.

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well my limit is only 2 and sometimes that's to many for me when I have 3 by the time I go to a good hand to bet I get beep out and that makes me so done mad it happens sometimes when I play to I`m 70 and slow as hell players get nasty to me because of it makes me wanna quit poker sometimes but I try to not focus on nasty remarks about my playing

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is cash normally I just do 1 or 2, but if I am on my A game and focussed enough I will play 6+. I usually start out with 12 random ones then filter down and keep the good tables. My concentration goes pretty quickly though so my sessions are quite short.

For SNGs, 4 seems optimal. I can go to 6 if I want a challenge but if I get far in too many SNGs then it starts to become a severe disadvantage.

stephygal

stephygal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mutiple tourny's

I can play two at once but I would not do more than that. I have to be able to concentrate. I get too distracted even playing two..
:flybye:

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HOW MANY TABLES ?

How many tables at same time we can play and have concentration on all of them ? Dont think you can play more then 2-3 tables , because you cant see action of others players( how they play). When you concentrate on 1 table ( should i raise , should i limp , how players who raise play ) you miss all action from other tables , and dont see how some players are play. See some players with 20 open tables , for me thats mission imposible if you wanna play good poker. Or not ??

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People who play 20+ tables have software which helps them make a decision at any time they need to. It's a lot harder for us people who play without any software to play that many tables profitably since we rely mainly on our cards hitting and our hands holding.

I find ideally 4 is good for me since I can put a table in each corner of the screen and pay good attention to each of the games. If I had a bigger monitor I could probably increase that to 6 games

B

baxre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No you dont have right. Playing for more advanced players 4 tables is reeeealllly boring. I like playing 10-12 tables...

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There have been quite a lot of posts about this.

I think that you need to play the amount of tables that you are comfortable with. This means if you are happy with 2 then play 2, if you are happy with 50 then play 50. As tootsy has said there is software to assist those who play a lot of tables, but, I think that this turns poker into a computerised system. Not for me I must say!!

On a personal note I play 2/3 tables at a time and am happy with that. I have tried playing more and do find it hard to concentrate on other players styles, however, I believe that if you wish to play more you need to build it up steadily.

Gl with your game and play as many tables as you are comfortable with..................:D:D:D

K

kittybet

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

How many tables.. it is a question I ask myself sometimes... and thats what I do:
play a session with 4-table opened, then a 6 table one, a 9 table one, a 12 table one.... while playing I check my concentration, awareness, alertness etc...
I put down my decisions and just then I see that I played my A poker at 9 table. For you it might be different though. I heard that, e.g. Patrick Antonius is playing like 4 tables only but makes a lot of money... Lex Veldhuis is comfortable with 36 tables...

Hope it helped,
GL and fuk the variance

G

Geldi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so my maximum 4 tables no longer work and did not advise more

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the ideal would be 4 tables.

You can spread out the tables to fit on your screen and see all what is happening.

V

vinest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
need to try all options -1.2.4.6.8.12..36 ... 60)))) when you start to win can stop. though I have enough tables 2 or 4 is not too serious tournaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm an old guy and 4 is about all I can handle. Without Carbon's calculator I'd probably could only play 2 profitably. Hope that helps and good luck.

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People who play 20+ tables have software which helps them make a decision at any time they need to. It's a lot harder for us people who play without any software to play that many tables profitably since we rely mainly on our cards hitting and our hands holding.

I disagree... I 24 table quite often and don't use any software for decision making. I play mainly FL Holdem and essentially my strategy is quite set ( and yes I am a consistent winner). I use Placemint to help place the tables but that's about it. Also... if you're interested in multitabling you should use the colour coding that's available on stars and full tilt... Essentially at the micros (where I play) even the best players are very weak (including me) and a tight passive style is best (at limit anyway) as you're going to be called down to the river most of the time. On top of this, after 2+ million hands, HEM 2 tells me I'm most profitable when playing 18 tables not 1 or 2 like you might expect. Placemint also allows you (only on stars so far as I know) to make the table smaller. I can fit 24 tables on one monitor but find them tricky to read accurately so I tend to have 16 on one monitor and 8 on a second leaving HEM2 on my 3rd monitor and the PS Lobby on the fourth. One more note though... Pokerstars only allows you to play 24 tables.

TempoShaman

TempoShaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practise.

Try really low stakes and add 2 tables and just add more when you get comfortable. I personally much prefer multi tabling MTTs as I find it makes me play better than single tabling because I just get bored, lose focus, watch TV or whatever. Multi tabling might not be for you though and if you enjoy and play your best with one table, then there's no real reason why you should try to force yourself to play more especially if you feel it really does effect your results. If of course you can add more, it's only going to be a good thing and will likely improve your profits. Also most multi tabling use software and huds meaning you can usually quite easily pick out the worse of players and most do check "big hands" in general.

Sure you will miss out of small little pots and some show down hands when you do play several tables but in general if you can multi table, you should as it's nearly always going to be better.

agreee with this... for me it's finding the balance between max profit and max efficiency... usually if im playing 3 or more tables theres a point or 2 where im folding a hand due to timeout.

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends all on what stakes your playing if you are playing lower stakes games you dont need as much concentration so play as many tables as possible but if you are playing a bigger game only play 1 or maybe 2 at a time

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 2-3 tables , as there is time to think and make the right decision to avoid mistakes

Top 10 Games