How do other people know how you do in tourneys?

goffman73

goffman73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear alot of guys on pokerstars talking about how other guys do in tournaments.......like they are looking it up on a website.Is there a website that tracks this stuff??I ask them and they always say "sorry cant tell ya"????????

B

BigFish007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is a players list. Not sure exactly where though.

Beriac

Beriac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry can't tell ya

;) couldn't resist

Beriac

Beriac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there's a website that tracks it, let me check the rules here and see if I can post it or not

Edit: hard to tell, so I've gotta err on the side of caution until told otherwise

goffman73

goffman73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you cant post it would you please email me the links?Id really like to have them.

F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thepokerdb.com
and sharkscope.com

Neither are forums, or have forums worth going to, so the Management of this site would be doing a disservice to all its members by not allowing these sites to be mentioned.

B

BigFish007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any concern giving them your name at the site?...along with your email address.

I don't find it that easy to just give them away...

:confused:

HoldemChamp

HoldemChamp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of them actually keep detailed records. If you regularly do well at a given tournament that is an indication that you should be studied.

So, a player may start examining your play in a tournament. They will record betting patterns, style of play, how often you get on to a final table, etc.

So, yes, some people may use info the gain from sites the lists players statistics.

But, not all of the people who know about your play do. odds are if you are good enough to make money on a consistent basis, you are being watched. Learn to be a watcher so you can gain incite on your opposition because it is likely that they are doing it already.

H8POKER

H8POKER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of time you play with the same fellas or gals, it seems and those who are good are usually the last to finish a tourney off. Pay attention to who is always at the table and you'll recognize at least 2 - 3 people.