High Stakes Poker S7 No FTP players

rjeezy20146

rjeezy20146

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
High Stakes Poker Season 7 will not have any of the big names like tom durrrr, Phil Ivey, Patrik A, Eli Elezra. All because pokerstars is sponsoring the show. Worst season ever what u guys think??

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, they pretty much ruined the show. Durr has pretty much been the star of the show for the pats 6 seasons.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If true, that is unfortunate.

For shame, pokerstars, for shame. Bad for the game. It's not as if they would be wearing their FTP gear or anything on the show.

At least watching Blom do his thing will be entertaining. It would have been much more so if he were pitted against Durr and Ivey though.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed, it will be fun to watch Blom play his game. But, the fact that no FTP players are playing is stupid. You might as well call it High Stakes Pokerstars then.

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to see Blom play against the top players, this is not the case if Full Tilt is excluded. Hopefully Doyle and others are still involved and its not just Pokerstars.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blom is not 21. Secondly ftp players not playing was not the decision of Pokerstars.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if that's the case, and it is FTP witholding their top stars from playing due to the pokerstars sponsorship, then Full Tilt sucks.

For shame, FTP, for shame. Bad for the game.

Blom is 20 right now, but I'm not sure when his birthday is. He might turn 21 pretty soon, which would allow him to be filmed sometime later in the year, no?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah but he wont be on Season 7, I believe it has been wrapped up already.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh I see, I didn't realize production lag was that long. Oh well, hopefully then for season 8!

And maybe FTP will take the sticks out their butts.

CntryBoys

CntryBoys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really care who is on there. I love to watch anyone play for that kind of $. Its hard for me to even fathom

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't know who'll be worth watching

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd still enjoy watching Kid Poker, Phil Galfond, Sammy Farha, Doyle Brunson and several others, but it just wouldn't quite be the same without seeing epic matchups like Ivey or Durrrr vs. Blom.

SwiftDesire

SwiftDesire

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is the case then the next season of PAD is gonna kick HSP's ass.

Galfond, Ivey, Antonius, Townsend and others playing high stakes PLO!

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? Finally! PLO gets some much needed recognition and attention.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PLO is definitely an action packed game, and with these players? Oh my

CerberAcE

CerberAcE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negreanu didnt make it for season 7 either so the field is gonna be quite crappy I think.

They'll need to go back to the lineup of earlier seasons with doyle, greenstein and Farha etc.

SwiftDesire

SwiftDesire

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? Finally! PLO gets some much needed recognition and attention.

Yea, there's a video on YouTube by Pokernews.com where they're at the PAD sets during the PLO session, they have a couple of player interviews as well (Antonius, Townsend).

Negreanu didnt make it for season 7 either so the field is gonna be quite crappy I think.

They'll need to go back to the lineup of earlier seasons with doyle, greenstein and Farha etc.

I won't be surprised if Negreanu himself didn't wanna play, poor fella has been the biggest loser over the past seasons.

Not completely sure but there was only one season where he managed to win.