Hellmuth Becoming Zen?

ILIKEFISH31

ILIKEFISH31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.pokernews.com/news/2014/...in-event-comes-to-an-end-on-a-bluff-18770.htm

I just came across this and thought I would post it. Is it me, or is it overly obvious in this clip that Phil is getting older and starting to change? All of a sudden he's happy about good chemistry with the other players at the table when he busts out with T3o?

I'm just, this summer, starting to play the game and get good as fast as possible but I've watched poker on TV and the internet for years. I've always gotten immense enjoyment out of watching Phil's rants and raves after bad beats...and poorly played hands.

Is this a new Phil we're seeing? Is this something that you think is just temporary? Will Phil lose it the next time his AA are cracked by TT or has he learned to be more zen and balanced on and off the felt?

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, he usually bursts after some bad bead. bluffing with T3o and loosing is definitelly not a bad beat.

Anyway I also enjoy videos with Phil. Last time I totally laught with picture on 888poker facebook.

ILIKEFISH31

ILIKEFISH31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, he usually bursts after some bad bead. Bluffing with T3o and loosing is definitelly not a bad beat.

No, I guess you're right...it's definitely not a "bad beat", just more donk play out of Phil.

Still, he just seems so much more about family and life and staying even keeled. He's probably been seeing a shrink lol.

tARsh

tARsh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I guess you're right...it's definitely not a "bad beat", just more donk play out of Phil.

Still, he just seems so much more about family and life and staying even keeled. He's probably been seeing a shrink lol.

Hahaha, he's been on that kick for years... maybe its finally settling in lolol

B

brokenlung911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think phil lost his mind long ago he was trying to sell stock to get into the big drop

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL, It shows that even the honest or tight weak player have some moment of looking like not that honest!:D

PS: live by the bluff and die by the Bluff<-- Phil is trying to make this to him new poker theme :D

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It'll be interesting to see if his new OMwareness sticks.

Perhaps I'll meet him in the meditation garden... :) ;)

ee3622a05e89d7210afd8e6c693e0675.png

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always liked Phil. His poker boo, something like Play Poker like the Pros, which was a poker book for beginners, was the first and only poker book I ever read.
If you think that is sad it is also only the second book I have read in my yet young life but I have written a book on finance, which unfortunately never got published.
Anyways back to Phil. I think that a lot of his theatrics are just that: Theatrics. It gives him press time, helps him sell his books, and advance his career, which can't be going that great if he couldn't easily handle the buy in to the bi drop.
Either he is better at poker than investing and should read my yet published book, or he hasn't been doing well at the cash games that he most obviously plays. What has happened to the $18million that he has won in lifetime tournament money.