Heads-UP poker back on TV

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just lettin ya know that HU poker is back on Sundays @ 12 noon to 2pm. EST on channel 10 here in the east, Helmouth just took Lederer out,,buck:)

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn ... I wish could watch some of this stuff :( , English TV sucks!

LombardiStix

LombardiStix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ty buck. You can also catch it on Hulu, along with poker after dark (this last 5 days have been the worst show with worst poker play ever) but I still watch, lol.

Stix

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who is the carrier? Poker After Dark (PAD)?

Please list it so I can find it on pokertube.

Thanks!

buckster436

buckster436

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who is the carrier? Poker After Dark (PAD)?

Please list it so I can find it on pokertube.

Thanks!
NBC, channel 10 here, maybe espn360.com has it to, not sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,buck:)
Who are all these players ,looks like thay all had Makeovers,,:D

LombardiStix

LombardiStix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like I said in my post, you can find it all on Hulu afterwards.

seaeyes

seaeyes

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There were a few who got beat out yesterday, that I was happy to is go. Like Darious or whatever his name is, He's too cocky.

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
norriscjn

norriscjn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many years have they been doing this. Where can I find all this stuff out. I love to watch heads up games because of all the action.

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How many years have they been doing this. Where can I find all this stuff out. I love to watch heads up games because of all the action.

Check out the site that I posted to see all (or at least most) of the heads up matches that were shown on tv.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Heads-Up_Poker_Championship

Here's a list of the years (2005 was the first), and the championship match:

2005 - Phil Hellmuth def. Chris Ferguson
2006 - Ted Forrest def. Chris Ferguson
2007 - Paul Wasicka def. Chad Brown
2008 - Chris Ferguson def. Andy Bloch
2009 - Huck Seed def. Vanessa Russo

I might add that Vanessa Russo had the most epic run I have ever seen in the heads up tournament.

She defeated Doyle Brunson, Phil Ivey, Paul Wasicka, Daniel Negraneau, and Elky.. only to be defeated in the final match against Huck Seed.

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty sick C. Ferguson makes it to the final match 3 out of 5 times. Some serious skills there.

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll never forget Tom Dwan KO'ing Phil Hellmuth... TT vs. AA and he rivers a Ten. So sick and Hellmuth was like "OMGWTFBBQ!?"

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have always struggled with HU Poker. It always seemed to me like a game of bingo rather than poker. I am sure there is more skill than I think but it is just not my type of game.

buckster436

buckster436

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bump, and Scotty Nguen DBB`ld up 4 or 5 times to beat Phil Ivey, good match rite now, its on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,buck:D

bolda3

bolda3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good call. Tanks for the heads up. Just turned it on and already seeing Hellmuth ranting so what a good choice -lol.

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate to say it..but Hellmuth is a calling station....:D

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought Annette Obrestad was positively masterful in how she handled Phil. She kept her composure while he bantered away and even came back with some zingers.

He was so off the wall during that last hand I almost felt sorry for him. During all that talk about his heart vs. his head he was so convinced she was bluffing that he never once speculated that she actually had a hand in the hole (which she did with JJ) or that her hand was improved by the river (which it was). I loved when she called the clock on him. :)

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Watching the 2nd round on nbc.com now.

I now have a crush on Annette Obrestad. Cute, intelligent, and has a great personality. I've never seen her play until this tournament. I hope she wins.

NCfoldem

NCfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads Up can be tricky. If one player gets 70% of the good hands, forget it. But if it's semi-close to 50/50, pretty interesting.

P

PokerDefender

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Really great show! I'm currently grinding HU SnG's and you can learn trick or two by watching the show.

TheNoob

TheNoob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought Annette Obrestad was positively masterful in how she handled Phil. She kept her composure while he bantered away and even came back with some zingers.

He was so off the wall during that last hand I almost felt sorry for him. During all that talk about his heart vs. his head he was so convinced she was bluffing that he never once speculated that she actually had a hand in the hole (which she did with JJ) or that her hand was improved by the river (which it was). I loved when she called the clock on him. :)

Yeah that was good.

I really thought it was a dumb call for all his chips.

LombardiStix

LombardiStix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

She played him like a fiddle. Once again he put himself at risk in front of a huge TV audience all the while looking dumb with awful reads the whole way. It'd be one thing if he were doing business makin nasty reads, but his ego negatively impacts his game and I don't see how he hasn't gotten coaching for that yet. That FBI guy didn't talk to him about that?? lol

Stix

buckster436

buckster436

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

i concur, she played him like a violin,LOL,,,buck:)

silverslugger33

silverslugger33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree that she played very well, but I don't like that she called the clock on him. It seemed wrong to me that she got him all riled up for a reason aside from the play at the table. You are both great players: let him take the time he needs to make his decision. Despite all the ranting he does, I'm sure he still is thinking during that time.