• Poll closed .
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Come on, be honest! Have you ever committed collusion?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Umm, no.

Who needs to collude when there are so many donks about just itching to give you money anyway?

gord962

gord962

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never have, never will.

Besides, anyone who cheats playing poker surely will never admit to it here. I know I wouldn't want to play at the same person who confesses to collusion.

edit: would we allow someone to participate in the CC events if they freely admit they have a history of colluding??

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A cheat and a liar is as bad as a thief, IMO. So no, I've never colluded.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Plenty of chances. But never.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've talked about a hand with another player at the table once or twice but the other player was already out of the hand. It was more showing off than collusion because there wasnt any advice given. I only remember winning one of those hands without a shwdown and I believe that I showed anyway.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you consider collusion?

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never have T! And I never will!!!!

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a single table SnG once with Jesus Lederer and Tenbob. We came in 1,2 and 3. It wasn't collusion but we did seem to have a tendency to keep out of eachothers way. If either one of them bet strong I'd generally let the hand go unless I had a real monster. When I did, my reraise was usually understood by them to mean what I intended it to mean. I think this was less collusion than the ultimate read on another player.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, Dont need to, i`m just Tooooooooooo Good>>>>>>>>>>lol,, buck:p :cool:

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I colluded with JL in the team event we held :D

Bar Nuthin

Bar Nuthin

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly play private tournaments where everyone know each other. I have on occasion warned innocent bystanders to fold when I read a strong hand, but they seldom listen.

Also, I don't know if this counts as collusion or not - but If I am puzzled by a strong player, I'll often quiz my friends to find out what they know about him.

Lastly, If it is a private TEAM league - I would think collusion to be an acceptable tactic. Fortunately there are really very few players who are talented enough to use collusion effectively.

Anyone caught colluding in a public game should (and often do) have their accounts revoked and their funds distributed to the victimized players. It is cheating plain and simple.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never have and never will, why should I resort to such a low tactic when I could win fairly and feel good about the win.

mattisme

mattisme

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
besides the team event nope i play low limits besides when im drunk and think im the best (which is when i usually lose a nice chunk of my bankroll....havent done this in a while since i lost alotta money one night so that good lol) so i really dont have much to win if i did cheat not that i would

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Websters Definition of collusion is : secret agreement for an illegal or deceitful purpose.

It was agreed upon and encouraged by ROB that we use collusion, ie... chipdumping! So being it was agreed upon it wasn't illegal! So the Team event was NOT collusion!

Jesus Lederer

Jesus Lederer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

lol
I still remember that in that event i made my biggest laydown ever: I folded quad 8s.

Four Dogs said:
I played a single table SnG once with Jesus Lederer and Tenbob. We came in 1,2 and 3. It wasn't collusion but we did seem to have a tendency to keep out of eachothers way. If either one of them bet strong I'd generally let the hand go unless I had a real monster. When I did, my reraise was usually understood by them to mean what I intended it to mean. I think this was less collusion than the ultimate read on another player.

I kept away from strong bets just because i´m weak tight.

C

Cardsharp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've checked down to eliminate a player before. This isn't consider collusion in itself but if someone tells you to do it then it is collusion. On one ocasion a guy told me to check it down when it was clearly the right move(and what I was going to do anyway) so we checkd, he won, and we were in the money. Am I guilty?

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Come on, be honest! Have you ever committed collusion?

Well I'm your one vote to Yes I guess. I'm ashamed to admit it but you asked for honesty.

About 3-4 Years ago when Tiger Gaming was young and I first came online, to learn the game, I sat at the play money tables. I was also learning how to use the computer at the time. I met people from all over the world and I was on top of it. There was this one guy I became buddies with he gave me his email address and added me as contact on Messenger. We knew what each other had at all times. Not proud of it today, and I swear I always believe like one of you said, I can't stand a cheat and a liar. That is one of my biggest motto's. I got swooped up in the whole situation, it lasted for about a week and I've never been back to the site since and my First real money deposit was at another site. I've never talked to this person since. You can't feel good about yourself doing crap like that. It's nice to have good wholesome friends, which this site has to offer. You know the old saying don't burn your bridges.

YOU SAID BE HONEST1111;)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
]Websters Definition of collusion is : secret agreement for an illegal or deceitful purpose. Insanity has been defined as doing the same thing over & over & expecting different results. Every time I sit down at a card table with Zinzan I lose, he wins. Am I involved in a collusion so secret that even I don't know it or am I just a nut job?:joyman: :confused: :eek:

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kinda was playing with my dad and he was on last of bankroll in sng and ifolded aces when he went all in so he could make the cash. not really collusion more selective folding:D

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kinda was playing with my dad and he was on last of bankroll in sng and ifolded aces when he went all in so he could make the cash. not really collusion more selective folding:D
Sounds like a massive rationalization to me. It may not have been outright collusion, but you were definitely soft playing him because it was dad, on the last of his bankroll.

JessieBear15331

JessieBear15331

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I'm a thief and a bad person, because yes I have:(. I don't know if this makes it any better, but it was a while ago, and haven't done it since. I wouldn't do it again either-I've changed my colluding ways!

M

marauders4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am the third yes I believe. In my defense though I did not consider it cheating because I was new to poker and didn't think playing soft against my younger brother was cheating. Since reading a few poker books and being a member of this forum I have come to understand the true meaning of collusion and will admit I did.

Now I dont let up on my brother and I actually won over a $100 dollar pot off of him on one hand a couple of days ago.

So yes I did cheat and I am not proud of it but I do have a small excuse!

Jonathon