MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.angrypokerplayers.com

A Letter To Members of Congress, The Senate And President Obama,

With the recent indictments and shutdown of three of the largest poker sites, it has come to my attention that our freedoms as citizens of this great nation are slowly being eroded. The legislation to ban online poker may have come under the Bush administration, but the fact that the current administration is enforcing it, speaks volumes. The forfeiture of $2 to $3 billion in assets from these poker websites will only impact the United States citizens who used them. They will have no recourse to get their money back from your government which has stolen it.
Is this freedom?

I think not. Where are the wall street bankers that helped to destroy our economy? Why aren’t they being arrested?

Instead of going after the real criminals, your government has decided to go after people who out of their own volition choose to play poker online.

We want our rights back, and we’re not going to take it anymore. We petition that you license and regulate online poker, and put an end to this whole fiasco.

F

figgo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

i dont know why pokerplayers are affected by something they have nothing to do with...and how do they expect for full tilt and pokerstars directors or whatever to come up with that kind of money if they are closing down poker in US...thats 70% of the site users:))no logic at all

iamhukleberry

iamhukleberry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been part of the alliance and i signed..i hope they get this stuff straitened out soon

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"When people fear their government,there is tyranny,when the government fears the people,there is liberty" Thomas Jefferson[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']

[/FONT]

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know why pokerplayers are affected by something they have nothing to do with...and how do they expect for full tilt and pokerstars directors or whatever to come up with that kind of money if they are closing down poker in US...thats 70% of the site users:))no logic at all

70% are you sure?

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
truth be told, I dont want online gaming federally legalized with the legislation as is. It allows for major taxation along with before unknown tracking ability of our finances by our elected officails.

We once went to war over an opressive regiem who had the audacity of posing a 4% tax on us only on Tea. My sons and I are totally ready to go to bat once again over my current (soon to be raised) 51%. And that aint just on Tea!

"Viva La Revolution"

Attachments

• Picture 74.jpg
    Picture 74.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 13
S

scottieb668

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am part of the alliance and have signed it.. I also sent letters to all the people i could congressman and all others...

seaeyes

seaeyes

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have done my part and hope everyone else does.