Ever Thought About Quitting Poker?

nsinalis11

nsinalis11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi i have long time to post cause my pc was broken,I like to ask everybody if ever thought to quit poker if yes for what reasons?

S

Superman2102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always crosses my mind when I hit a bad run but never seriously considered it!

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Every day

brb I'm playing poker

R

rocksolid124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely planned to give up poker post-Black Friday. Just felt really down about it, as I'm sure a lot of us did. I used to grind about 12-13 hours a day/did a full tournament schedule on Stars/UB/FTP etc. So when it got taken away, I didn't really feel like playing anymore.

I've recently started to play more live cash games though, and certainly I've seen I have a TON of leaks in my game right now, but working on solidifying that, because live play is definitely beatable. So starting to enjoy the game again.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
No, it is my hobby and it relaxes me.

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh absolutely.

Playing great poker just to get punished takes a toll on your mind.

When I go on very bad runs and see Donks catch and hit it compiles and makes things super frustrating.

I hve taken breaks from poker but to ultimately quit, has not happened.

JaxA

JaxA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have quit a couple times, once for about a year but I always seem to gravitate back to the game, I just love it more than I hate it. lol

D

drugsterr

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i quit for 3 months but then restart to play but in the break , i read more about transformation of poker because of new young players ....:p

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is just my hobby. Some small winnings are just nice plus. So if I will completely lose interest in poker I simply quit playing it and will find something else more enjoyable to fill my free time :) Actually I feel like it starting to happen already, but process is not completed yet :) I still can enjoy poker, especially CC games :)

J

JLuv81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I imagine this happens often with pros. As a recreational player you tend to have less bouts of wanting to quit.
I've quit poker several times but I always come back. Just because you quit it doesn't have to mean forever, in fact I found that taking a break and studying learning more about the game makes me a much stronger player when I do return.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have considered it because of some online poker rooms that literally stole my money.But,then again,thankfully,there are still decent online poker rooms,so I still play poker.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only once ... Was the worst 7 mins of my life.

B

biff22

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time my AA,KK get busted by bad beat.
So 3 times yesterday but only once today so far.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nope, never really thought that much about quiting

B

biff22

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time my AA,KK get busted by bad beat.
So 3 times yesterday but only once today so far.

Add another AA bad beat to today. This game can really be hard on you.:cool:

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, all the time. Problem is i cant ever actually do it.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i didnt because i play poker for fun and for my pleasure, it is not my obligation to play and i play when i want

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After today cetainly lol. every donk out flopped my hands. Last one, blinds 300-600 had 4000 in chips early position. UTG limps so I push with AA, he calls with Q-4 off suit. Hits a Q on the flop and a 4 on the river.
He gambled two thirds of his stack by calling.
Just one of those days where I get hit on every side.

akran75

akran75

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so many times I was disappointed in the online poker..handred times and play very good and have a large stake on the table, and then in 2...3 best hand and lose all.. .last time on full tilt poker (2.day -15K tour) on 1300 player (1100in the money) I was 20.place
the twohand getting AA and KK and losing hand of one and the same player and it turns out the tournament ..
In such situations, I lose the will,, but I would've said that I will not play more

S

srissofredi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, when you on a real cold streak and the bad beats just keeps pilling up. And sometimes it just feels like a waste of time.

RaizeR1205

RaizeR1205

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, actually last night, as a matter of fact!

akaRobbo

akaRobbo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never to quit. But sometimes I wonder wtf im doing with my time and why I love this game so much? I run as bad as Mike Matusow x 1000

S

Sidesteal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah for sure

Yes definitely, but it's not easy. Tried going to GA for while but that didn't work. Like i said in a previous post I play poker 8 hours a day 7 days a week. I also have a job from 9-5. So it's hard juggling all this and getting enough rest too. It sucks losing and being broke. Literally down to you're last penny knowing you owe people money and you might get shot if you don't have it. Knowing you're WHOLE next paycheck is about $800 short of what you owe puts a toll on you. Always looking over your shoulder, hearing tires squealing and thinking "Oh shit, driveby" Yeah poker is amazing and awesome and hard to quit even when your life's on the line...... it's hard to quit.

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup.............currently going through that phase......for the first time in my short 9 years playing career i'm having doubts............my friends are calling me up and asking how comes they cant see me at the tables anymore... maybe its boredom, we'll see,,,,,,think i need a new hobby though......

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never thought about it. Not even after periods of continious losings... I love playing tournament poker, it's my hobby. It makes me happy if I can defeat other players, especially good players. Doesnt matter if it's a freeroll or a big deep stack GTD tourney. The clash of strategies, thinkings of players from all levels, making traps, avoid traps, stealing, bluffing, restealing, risking the tournament after hours of playing with an ice cold bluff, the adrenaline etc....there is NO same hand.
Plus I can make some money with it. :)