tilterclay01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Two players are in a showdown.
player A has Qh 3s. player B has Qs 4d
the board comes Qd Ks 9h 7c 2d
Each player makes a pair of queens. The tricky party to me is how the kicker comes into play. I argue that the Q4 wins the hand because of his 4 kicker. But another argues that it is a split pot because both players are allowed to use the K kicker on the board. Can someone please clarify this and give me some sort of rules documentation. Thanks alot.
Clay

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You make the best hand using 5 cards...
QQK97

mattisme

mattisme

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two players are in a showdown.
player A has Qh 3s. player B has Qs 4d
the board comes Qd Ks 9h 7c 2d
Each player makes a pair of queens. The tricky party to me is how the kicker comes into play. I argue that the Q4 wins the hand because of his 4 kicker. But another argues that it is a split pot because both players are allowed to use the K kicker on the board. Can someone please clarify this and give me some sort of rules documentation. Thanks alot.
Clay
you need to use your best 5 cards in this case its a split pot because neither of you have a card over a 7 so both of your best hands are qqk97
if one of the players had q8 then the kick would come into play but in this case its a split pot

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best 5-card hand wins.

Both players use the Q in their hand and the KQ97 from the board (they can't use the 'kickers' in their hands as they are lower than the best board cards used to complete the 5-card hand).

So they both have QQK97, thus making it a split pot.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They explain it a little better than me :D

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands