Gus Hansen No-show!

carloskmargo

carloskmargo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I did not show the heads up due to psychological imbalance of losing both (20million) or perhaps the fear of knowing that viktor chance (isildur1) blom you could win the heads up, since not been playing in the best way live or online, I think the game gus hansen is an unorthodox because not even use software support!

What do you think?

R

RichardPOK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im sure Gus is used to losing, hes been doing for the past few years straight. Its almost definitely not all his own money, Im sure hes had backers throughout.

I think he just doesnt give an F about Full Tilt promotions.

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hansen No SHOW!!!

Too bad about this. I guess theres a little trouble brewing in his world these days. Skipping out on a big media driven commitment is not cool, and I'd say this guys is in a little hot water. poker stars/Full Tilt will not put up with that shit. Is it true that he has been losing millions lately?

bigjay

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is he going to sing a national song or playing low stack for ...a month???

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure something actually came up, it was a win-win scenario. If you won you got paid, if you lost the 'penalty' was playing 1,000 hands at microstakes.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the prize of 50k didnt mean anything to him, hes losing billions lol

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very unprofessional attitude. FT almost never offer promotions involving their pros and when they do, he doesn't show up.

carloskmargo

carloskmargo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fulltilt is worse, after the black friday not be to able to properly position, second thought because of that they implemented it for gaming, something that can not can happen to pokerstars to get done, because it can decrease the volume of drastically players!!

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So this was set in stone and he actually didn't play?

Obviously 50k means nothing for what he plays, but still you would think he would follow his contract.

carloskmargo

carloskmargo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are some quality players to be in the elite fulltiltpoker, I think gus hansen already an unorthodox for the time, there are new players in the online world that could fulfill that mission excellently representing the room (FTP)

S

srissofredi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So this was set in stone and he actually didn't play?

Obviously 50k means nothing for what he plays, but still you would think he would follow his contract.

Yes, they were scheduled events (best of three), and there was also a promotional freeroll in the winner's name.

basse

basse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This makes me sad. Gus is a countryman of mine, and my original interest in poker was spurred way back when he was one of the early televised stars.

I'm curious, is the opinion of more experienced poker players that he's a good player, or is he mainly famous from playing back when competition was less fierce? The TV shows back in the day certainly loved portraying him as a wild player, making all these crazy bluffs, which clearly can't be profitable in the long term. On the other hand, the shows live off that kind of thing, and if he doesn't actually play like that in real life, it might even be to his benefit that people think he's a loose cannon.