Grinding Teeth problem

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
In another thread I posted that I usually leave a live game with my head split open and I thought it was the flourscent lights, but after further investigation. I have found I grind my teeth when I play live (liek your on speed) but Im not. Last night I played live and my head was throbbing big time on both sides of my head.

So I dunno if should try chewing gum, try putting wax in my mouth or even use a mouth piece. The pain is so bad that it took over an hour to get to sleep after playing live last night

Has anyone else had this problem. AND WHY WOULD I BE GRINDING MY TEETH so hard

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
idk.. but I'd try valium

blikbleek

blikbleek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
grinding teeth is mostly due to stress. do you grind your teeth during sleep or just during live games? it sounds like an anxiety issue.

i fidget my legs during live games lol. thats my anxiety reaction.

blikbleek

blikbleek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
idk.. but I'd try valium

or xanax.
if you tell your doctor you grind teeth they will very likely prescribe you with anti anxiety pills. grinding teeth will reduce them to little nubs in due time so its not a good habit

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I wonder if it's a 'tell'?
Do you gring your teeth with big hands? (or when you're praying for them to fold?

F

fishinthesea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whoa, I've never even heard of this before. Who grinds their teeth while playing poker? Is it really cold? Sometimes the poker rooms can be very cold.. then I start shaking and maybe grinding my teeth.. but otherwise, i've never even heard of this situation.

t0astedtexan

t0astedtexan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess if poker really made you that mad it could causes teeth grinding ! i only grind my teeth when i'm asleep : )

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In another thread I posted that I usually leave a live game with my head split open and I thought it was the flourscent lights, but after further investigation. I have found I grind my teeth when I play live (liek your on speed) but Im not. Last night I played live and my head was throbbing big time on both sides of my head.

So I dunno if should try chewing gum, try putting wax in my mouth or even use a mouth piece. The pain is so bad that it took over an hour to get to sleep after playing live last night

Has anyone else had this problem. AND WHY WOULD I BE GRINDING MY TEETH so hard
I would start by just trying to notice it and stop, that will likely end your problem right now. I am sure it is happening when you're getting caught up in the hand and you either REALLY want the person to fold or REALLY want them to call and you're clenching your jaw so hard to try to stay still, but over and over it gives you a headache. At the very least you could see a doctor about getting a bite plate, which is like a retainer(you can't really see it so don't be worried about looks) and that will make it so you can't clench to the point where you get the headache. Many people with this issue wear them to sleep, but I do know some who wear them during the day as well.

or xanax.
if you tell your doctor you grind teeth they will very likely prescribe you with anti anxiety pills. grinding teeth will reduce them to little nubs in due time so its not a good habit
Please do not try to get pills for this. This world is way to overmedicated as it is. Grinding your teeth while playing poker is hardly a reason to be on xanax or valium.
Whoa, I've never even heard of this before. Who grinds their teeth while playing poker? Is it really cold? Sometimes the poker rooms can be very cold.. then I start shaking and maybe grinding my teeth.. but otherwise, i've never even heard of this situation.
It isn't that he's shivering, he's grinding. You aren't grinding your teeth when you're cold, you are shivering to try to make your body warmer, big difference.

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I gotta figure when Im doing it, Its not when I play online. But just playing some heads up with the wife last night, she caught me doing it

What kind of doctors yall got just throwing the valiums and zanax, hell when I broke my leg I could barely get 800mg tyelnol

I gotta get this worked out, cause I must be grinding them hard unknowingly cause both sides of my head just throbs after a few hours of play

If Im doing this only big hands, I must look like a nervous wreck at a table sometimes I wish the card rooms would let you look at yourself on their security cameras to see what others are seeing

Think Ill try to pay attention to it and stop it, as I dont think my teeth would do good with any kind of retainers

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think Ill try to pay attention to it and stop it, as I dont think my teeth would do good with any kind of retainers
I would try first stopping manually, but if that doesn't do it, then the next step may be necessary. Don't let yourself be in denial over it and don't not do something for your health just because it's something different. No one wants to wear glasses, contacts, hearing aids, dentures, casts, braces, etc. when something goes wrong with them, but they do because it's the only way it will make the problem get better, by not doing anything, it will only cause more problems down the road.