Grinders: Awesome New Poker Film

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The link got me there just fine but I couldn't get the play button to work. Does it take a while to load or something? I'm always up for a decent poker movie..OK, even the dogs. :D I really want to see one that comes so highly recommended by someone I respect. :) Help!

T

Tim3254

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think the link works for US people.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm... link may be disabled in US because it is Canadian broadcast?
Will check into it. Any non US Euros can see?

Last edited:
T

Tim3254

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw the trailer but I want the documentary!
Looks like US players might have to pay for it :(

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PotluckXXI said:
Do you have to download a program to watch at TVO? saw the trailer on another site and really want to watch it, is this the full movie? Thanks

If u read thread u will c that film does not work in US for some reason. No there is no program, and that is the full movie.
You may have to wait until it shows up in pieces on youtube. Was just released last week...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I watched it last night. Was trying to look up some of the online sn's to see who they were.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AM in germany and the film would not play....

Its a fiction, yea??

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
link doesn't work in UK either.....
at least , not 4 me...

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The link works, but I can't play the video.

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually it says not available for purchase in North America, and North America (presumably) includes canada too?

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After viewing the trailer I decided I'd buy the film if the price was reasonable. I read this http://www.journeyman.tv/62174/documentaries/grinders-hd.html and everything looked great until the last line "Not available for purchase in the US."

Wonder why not?

Very strange, all I can think is: TVO is an Ontario public station like PBS, BUT they also broadcast to US like northern New York... and fundraise there... could the Poker theme make them afraid to sell to US and lose support? But also not available in Britain and Germany...
We will get this movie one way or another. Calling TVO tomorrow. :cool: :rolleyes:

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually it says not available for purchase in North America, and North America (presumably) includes Canada too?

No, me and PO and other canucks can see it easy peasey, but not download, it is Adobe Flash thingme..

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, me and PO and other canucks can see it easy peasey, but not download, it is Adobe Flash thingme..
Sorry for being thick, but what relevance does that have to whether you could purchase the film or not?

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The cards flick quickly across the table. Danny nonchalantly takes a look. It's a pair of kings. The odds say it's time to go all in. But across the table a pair of aces are turned over. Anything but another king and he's out. Danny jumps up from the table, unable to take the tension. First a three, a seven and then a six...it looks all over. His hands clench the back of his chair as the players wait for the last card. It's a king and Danny leaps into the air. "That was ridiculous! I'll take it though, I'll take it."

WTH game is this, concealed cards here, 2 exposed cards there, and four more cards to come ?!?

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tension. First a three, a seven and then a six...it looks all over. His hands clench the back of his chair as the players wait for the last card. It's a king and Danny leaps into the air. "That was ridiculous! I'll take it though, I'll take it."

WTH game is this, concealed cards here, 2 exposed cards there, and four more cards to come ?!?

No idea what you mean 3/7/6 was the flop no idea the turn and K on the river.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[/I]WTH game is this, concealed cards here, 2 exposed cards there, and four more cards to come ?!?

No idea what you mean 3/7/6 was the flop no idea the turn and K on the river.

Apparently the Brits can see the trailer but need to watch it again. Txs Lab.
Funny we are all discussing a movie nobody but Canucks can see.. :D

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't see it, I am quoting from the LM's link

you have no idea what I mean? really?
and then a six? That's no way to deal a flop
then we just ignore the turn, why?

and what about this line...The odds say it's time to go all in. But across the table a pair of aces are turned over.... (what already?)

or this one... Anything but another king and he's out (plus flush or straight possibilities lol)

This is an awful description of a game by someone who doesn't know the game very well!

(The trailer and the film may be very different)

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
watching it now.... at 49.00 mins when he's drunk and thinks he has won and then falls asleep in the tourney... i have been there and and hopefully wont be there again

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't see it, I am quoting from the LM's link

This is an awful description of a game by someone who doesn't know the game very well!

(The trailer and the film may be very different)

The trailer intro is a repeat of rounders explanation, is straight ahead, find the film and watch it, there are no poker fallacies in it...

watching it now.... at 49.00 mins when he's drunk and thinks he has won and then falls asleep in the tourney... i have been there and and hopefully wont be there again

Thats what I keep saying to myself... the characters in this film are real and amazingly real...

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Enjoyed it ..The commercial building I know real well, there used to be a great family restaurant on the main floor there, used to go to a lot.