The greatest losses of professionals in poker (online, offline)

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not always as they are lucky, after all, they are losing when merging normal money. Maybe someone knows the thread of the main poker loser. It will be interesting to listen to or read your links:) :) :)

bet1602

bet1602

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you mean money or loosing a big hand?

westside1950

westside1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You go and google Gus Hansen's online cash game career.
I can't think of any other poker ''pro'' worse then him :D

jgdesabato

jgdesabato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone hates to lose at anything, either tennis or stir. Combine this with the fact that losses in poker hurt both his ego and in your wallet, and frustration can be quite painful.

G

Gtcsmd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure of the facts but I know back in the day before full tilt poker got shut down I would regularly see Phil Ivey and Gus Hansen losing a 100k a day. They must have have some insane swings during this period. Like +-1 million a week easy I'd imagine maybe more.

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We probably can never know the biggest losses, as they probably occurred in private/semi-private games such as those in Macau and Monaco. However, we do know that Andy Beal has some fairly well documented multi-million dollar loses. The most famous of which was the subject of "The Banker, The Professor, and The Suicide King." Then there was a staggering loss to Phil Ivey and the Corporation of some $16.6mm in 2006. The most recent a reported $5mm loss to Todd Brunson this year.

Cheers!

jgdesabato

jgdesabato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very difficult question, I believe it is not disclosed this information.