A good lesson in patience and solid short stack play...

pricecube

pricecube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to studying strategy lessons and reading posts here on CC, I decided to start playing 9-man low buy-in SnGs on Stars as my main source of poker playing. Over the weekend, I had a situation where my QQ ran into KK in the second hand of the SnG leaving me with just 100 chips and then after the blinds had gone through me, just 70 chips. I suddenly thought back to bwammo's short stack strategy video that I've watched several times and saw this situation as an ideal time to try it. I didn't go crazy shoving every hand - I just stole blinds when I could and got my chips in with hands that had good showdown value. A few double ups later I got very lucky when my AJ beat AK with quad jacks but I felt like I'd played well as the short stack and eventually I ended up winning the SnG.

I'm always looking to learn good poker lessons and this SnG really taught me the value of being patient and that just because you lose loads of chips early on, as long as you're still in the game, you're still in with a chance. "A chip and a chair", as they say. So thanks to all at CC who are helping me become a better player just by being a good community! :)

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats, but you got something really wrong.......

Cats are not effeminate dogs. Closer to flightless bats.. and just as creepy.:eek:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's very nice, but with 70 left I think you must have been lucky sometimes.
However, applying something you read about or watched here AND having results...well that's awesome....
GG...