Getting Royal'ed

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Found myself shortstacked after a bit of a gruesome turn card earlier in a live tournment, leaving me with about 8 BB's, so i ship from the cutoff with 22 (hoping for a flip) and get called by BB

My oppenent shows AsQs
the board runs out Ks 7s 5c Js 10s

So my opponent made a royal flush, just was posting this to see if anyone has ever seen a royal flush playing live or has had one themselves, best way to get bust out of a tourney i guess ha!

Q

queenie279

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly play live and have seen a royal. I personally never had one. Luckily I got out of that hand with little damage to my stack.

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I seen someone get a royal in a ring game before, took down the biggest pot I seen on that table. Next day this same fellow donk everything.

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have had one live, in a home game though, didn't get paid off though lol

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had 3 in 2 years, had seen other 3 but not much of a win though . Just a few big bets. Last one i got i just said the others to check around so i could brag :D When you get a royal flush is not about the money you win that time but the beauty of it.

F

Foxhound3857

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Three days ago in a freeroll I went all in with KK against villians AQ clubs. Flop was Kc Kh Jc so I flopped quads, and then he turns 10c to make the royal. I couldn't believe it. I flopped quads and LOST.

Does that even count as a bad beat?

S

sagiPOTM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actually your 22 vas good since he didnt hit A or Q, but when u realized that he actually got royal flush that was fail face :/ :)

@ckickenking kinda always royals are on biggest flops, i dont get it why...and also on very important mtt-s on final table :O

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Three days ago in a freeroll I went all in with KK against villians AQ clubs. Flop was Kc Kh Jc so I flopped quads, and then he turns 10c to make the royal. I couldn't believe it. I flopped quads and LOST.

Does that even count as a bad beat?
Only technically. I think it will not happen to you again during this life.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i've had one online, but seeing it live was like wow because there was all the golden oldies saying "in the 30 years ive been playing live poker i've never seen that" and people can go lifetimes playing live without seeing one