For fun .. What are your favorite 'home game' poker chips?

bulldogrsp61

bulldogrsp61

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering what everyone is playing with at home and what poker chip set(s) are your favorites.

Personally mine would be Pro Poker 13.5g chips ...
propoker_chips_stack_l.jpg

billdogg

billdogg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I run a monthly home game, but only have 2 of the cheap 500 dice sets. I would love to have a nice set, but they are so damn expensive!

KoRnholio

KoRnholio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got these a number of years ago:

NJ500Set1.jpg

Got mine customized with quite a few large denomination chips, so my 500 chip set is adequate for even a 20 player tournament (with rebuys).

They're a nice quality clay composite chip, with no metal slug in the middle. They make a nice sound, very similar to real clay chips. The high pitched "CLINK!" from the crappy metal slug+plastic chips really makes me cringe.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I think those Nevada Jacks are referred to as "ceramic" chips. I've played with those and they have really nice feel. I prefer the design on the Desert Sands (also made by NJ) myself but the skulls are also very nice.

Desert_Sands.jpg

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are mine, clay composite generic knockoff, great feel and weight at 13.5 g ea... in future might try Paulson 9s...
Mailman got a hernia bringing these up the steps, set came postage paid and weighed a ton at 650 chips :eek::D. No slugs I dont think; sound like heavy clay thunk. Believe these may be same as yr set OP.

Attachments

• 650%2013g%20pro%20clay%20aluminum.jpg
    650%2013g%20pro%20clay%20aluminum.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/World-Poker-Professional-11-5-Gram/dp/B0010ZPU0Y"]Amazon.com: World Series Poker - Professional 200 11.5 Gram Poker Chip Set: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

41Pw0VqmqzL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

and this

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/store/?cat=poker-accessories&prod=pa-05

mini-chip-set.jpg

Just Standard sets so no point trying to find the digital camera.

They do the job for home games, and if more are needed then friends can bring their own similar style sets with different colors to allocate different denominations.

The mini chips are good enough to take on holidays to have something available, quite smart, compact and handy but not substantial enough for general use.

Last edited:
Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games Poker Chips - History of Chips