Fish - backwards thinking?

BobGrayling

BobGrayling

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do people hate fish and suck out artists so much. Really?! They're where the profit comes from in the long run!

If everyone was as good as we are (or heaven forbid as good as we THINK we are), we'd lose all the time!

God Bless the bad players. They are our friends.

I hate when people try to berate them or even try to TEACH them! Just say "nice play" and smile!!!

:D

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly. It's very backwards and dumb. People also seem to think that because they have more equity pre flop or on a certain street that they are entitled to the pot, when of course they aren't.

akyurukov

akyurukov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most players think that when they have more equity that guarantees them the win...and when the percentage edge fails to win the hand for them they are getting angry and use uncensored words,i've seen that in live games...
I think its a hit to their ego.(they are thinking.. how can i lose from this ***** etc..) without realising that without the weak players (fishes) they wont win so much actually...
The proud people have problem losing that's the truth...
Thats my opinion about this...

M

MaxMill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good players are where you make your money if you are a good player... Donks are where you make your money too... But they are where you get that less than 15% hand hitting and you want to kick the guy in the face for being so damn stupid. You need a hand against a donkey who calls a lot and just barrels away...Just remember... Donk's don't care about position.. Your bet amounts.. Your image.. The amount of pots you have played recently.. Those things don't even cross their mind.. It depends how often your hands hold up in reality against a donkey.. If they hold up a lot then you will love a guy having 20% equity. If they don't.. You are pretty much begging this guy to fold his 20%.... I would rather outplay someone and have them think about why i'm doing than flipping the cards up and counting odds in ANY situation. But as far as having a problem?? I don't have a problem if you view poker as fun and don't understand the outside of the cards.. Don't call yourself a good poker player to your friends.. Im just going to crush you... As long as you realize.. Calling an all in with a gut shot.. IS NOT wise!! =D

KidCarter93

KidCarter93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure that most of those who hate on fish and suck-outs arw aware that they'll win against such players overall. However, it can be easy to get annoyed by a certain player if it SEEMS like they're always getting the better of you with terrible hands.
As you say though, it's definitely backwards thinking considering going against such players will be beneficial in the long run.

N

nmaher18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally the players that berate fish in the chat box for sucking out are fish themselves. Its usually because they're losing money anyway and that suck out in their mind shows that they're only losing because this keeps happening.

Just note that they may be on tilt and take advantage.

yeezus

yeezus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the point of we need fish to profit. If everyone who plays poker was a cardshark what would be the point. Everyone would pretty much breakeven. There would be no suckours that happen occasionally. Just think that suckout happens less often than it does not. Most of the time you are taking that pot down in the long run. So praise the fish. Thank god allah or whoever you pray to for the fish in our game because without them poker would be way less profitable for the better players.

dexon303

dexon303

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As the song says, "Put a little love in your heart."
Really, why focus that much emotion on a computer screen? The fact that "fish" are the only reason poker is really profitable to play is a big reason you shouldn't hate them. But, aside from that, you are lowering your quality of life by investing in a feeling that has only negative consequences to you and likely ZERO consequences to the object of your scorn.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i begin to play poker i was very angry when my AA or KK etc. loose to some 72, 36 but today i know that fish win one hand maybe two but other hands will be mine))